Chapter 9

Brenda's P.O.V.

There I lay still chained to the bed. I was getting hungry right now, couldn't they at least get me food and unchain me so I could use the bathroom. I haven't eaten for almost 24 hours, and knowing me I eat a lot. My stomach growled loudly.

"Nate!" I screamed.

I heard footsteps walking upstairs so that was probably Nate or Natalie. Hopefully it was Nate because he is much nicer to me. The door opened and thank gosh it was Nate.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"I'm hungry, can you get me some food?"I asked.

"Yeah, what do you want?"

"A peanut butter and jelly sandwich?"

"Sure."

Then he left. Wow, that was the most Kirkland conversation that I have had while being chained up to a bed. I waited for my food and knowing that I was going to get food, I was hungrier than ever.

I heard footsteps which meant Nate was coming. He opened the door but it wasn't Nate, it was Zach. How did he get in here without them noticing? He came to save me. Zach walked in with a sandwich, my sandwich. How did he know what I wanted? I am really confused right now.

Zach walked up to me and put a smile on his face, the smile didn't look like his nomad smile. Next thing I know, Zach has a gun against my head. This can't be Zach, it's not Zach, I kept telling myself. I was scared because he had a freaking gun to my head! I felt like crying before I heard noises come from downstairs, it was screaming.

I heard Natalie yell,"Get him you no good fools." Who was she talking about? Then there was a lot of commotion downstairs. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, the door opened and it was Zach? How the hell are there to Zach's? The thing is the Zach that just came in looked worried, while the other had an evil grin on his face. The worries Zach pulled out a gun. Where do this people get their guns from, and why do they have guns?

"I will shoot her if you don't drop your gun," said the Zach holding the gun against my head. I found out that this wasn't Zach, it was Nate in a disguise. Wait, which Zach have I been with this whole time then?

"Zach," I said. They both relied.

"Original Zach," I said and he replied.

"Did you have an abusive father?" I asked.

"Yeah why?" he asked with a confused expression on his face.

"Did you tell me about it?" I asked.

"No," he said. So the one who told me about the whole tragic thing was Nate. No wonder I knew that smile from somewhere.

"Original Zach. Have you ever kissed me?" I asked.

"No, you're are not my type," he said which made my heart sink. And this whole time I have been kissing Nate? Disgusting. All I said was an 'oh'.

Zach's P.O.V.

"Original Zach. Gave you ever kissed me?" Brenda asked.

Yes, I have, when we first met was what I was about to say, but instead I said, "No, you're not my type." She frowned after I said that I felt bad but right now I need to save her.

I walked over to Nate when he wasn't looking and turned him to face me and then punched him. I heard Brenda gasp in shock. Then Nate got up holding his face, and punched me. We kept fighting until Nate grabbed his gun and shot me in my shoulder and he almost hit my leg too. I heard Brenda scream, she tried coming over to me but she was still chained to the bed. She kept screaming, until Bate punched her in the face and knocked her out, that jerk.

Everything turned black.

Brenda's P.O.V.

I pretended to be knocked out because I didn't want Nate to hit me again, plus I need to get Zach to the hospital some how. Nate just left the room with me and Zach there. Blood was coming out of Zach's shoulder.

I somehow managed to get out of the chains, it wasn't easy. I walked out into the hallway to see if anyone was there, and no one was. I didn't hear voices from downstairs either, so I figured the coast was clear.

I went by Zach, who has already blacked out, and tried waking him up. He wouldn't budge. I grabbed his legs and started to drag him. I just didn't think the stairs part through. I somehow managed to get him over my shoulder and I walked down the stairs with him. Lets just say he isn't the lightest person.

I opened the front door and then set him on the grass. I went in the backyard and then went into the garage looking for something to put Zach on. I looked around the dark garage and saw a wagon, bingo. I got the wagon and wheeled it to the front yard. I got Zach's body on it and started to pull him. This probably looked really strange and I really didn't care right now. I pulled him to the nearest hospital which was about a mile away.

Finally, we made it to the hospital, it felt like it had been more than a mile walk especially with me pulling Zach in the wagon. I opened the hospital door and everyone in the waiting room looked at me weird. One, probably because I looked horrible. Two, because I had a wagon in a hospital. And three, there was a teenage boy in that wagon.

I walked up to the desk and there was a lady there just staring at me. I told her that she needed to get Zach into a room right now because he had gotten shot. She did as she was told and they got him in a room.

Now here I was sitting in the waiting room of a hospital looking like I lived in a garbage can. I didn't care though, I needed to make sure Zach was ok. I sat there waiting and waiting, until a nurse finally came out.

"I am looking for someone who came here with a boy named Zach Archer," she stated.

I got up from my seat and walked over to her.

"I am with Zach Archer," I stated.

"Ok, let me tell you that we are not sure if he will make it or not because he had lost a lot of blood and the bullet was in deep. Ge will need surgery and we will see how he reloads to it," she said.

"Ok," was all I could say.

"I suggest that you go home and get some rest and let me just say your boyfriend is in good hands and has a wonderful girlfriend," she said.

All I said was 'ok' because I didn't care that she thought we were dating. But why does everyone assume we are? Can't teenage boys and girls be friends? I guess not in this community.

I went like the nurse had instructed I do. I had to walk about 10 blocks from the hospital to get to my house though. Once I reached my house, I unlocked the door with the spare key that was hidden under the 'welcome' mat. I opened the door and went to my room to get clothes to shower.

It felt good to have the warm water run down my body. Once I got out of the shower, the house felt really quite, considering that Zach was at the hospital. I went to my room and got my phone and then went to my bed to lay down.

I unlocked my phone and went to recent messages I had like 120 new messages from my friends wondering if I was ok, and I texted back that I was fine. I lay in bed just looking at my phone having nothing better to do. I decided to go downstairs and watch a movie.

I picked the movie called "White Chicks", I thought this movie was hilarious. Half way through the movie, I got bored so I went back upstairs. I just lay in my bed staring at the ceiling. It was already 1 in the morning. I was worried about Zach. I tried to get sleep but I think I only got about an hour of sleep, if that.

What is Zach isn't ok, this would be all of my fault.

A/N: Another update. :) What do you guys think about it? Well, I hoped you liked it. And I want to thank all of you who are reading my story.

Cookies and Milk,
-Adriana 💜