Chapter 4: The Encounter

2nd day (stalking)

(Y/N)'s POV
The birds started to sing and the sun rose perfectly like something out of a fairytale. "Ahh...time to go to the library today. Maybe I'll find some new books to read other than these old ones" I said. I got up then did the same routine again and ate cereals for breakfast. I then put on a random shirt and pants and got out. I continued walking till I bumped into someone.

Prince Alaric's POV
I woke up and went to get ready to explore the village. I put on a white shirt and black pants and went downstairs. My butler, Robert greeted me. "Good morning your highness, what would you like for breakfast? "I'm not feeling that hungry today so might as well skip" I said. "Alright then your highness" he replied. I then went out of the door and walked along the path and went into the center of the village. 'Hmm...the air does smell fresher here than the air back at the castle...where shall I explore first?..Maybe at-' i was interrupted out of my thoughts when someone bumped into me from behind. I looked behind and saw the beautiful girl again.

Back to (Y/N)'s POV
"Ahh!!" I screamed as I fell on my butt. "Ouch it hurts..."I started whining. I looked up and saw Prince Alaric looking at me. I immediately got up amd said "Ah! Omg! I'm so sorry for bumping into you your highness. Please forgive me!" He then smiled and said "its alright...what's your name?" "(Y/N) (L/N) your highness" i replied as I bowed down as a token of respect. "Where are you going?" He asked. "To the library your highness" I replied. "The library huh...mind if I join you?" He asked again. "Oh no no I don't mind at all your highness" I said.

"You dont have to call me 'your highness in each sentence of yours when you talk to me you know" he laughed a bit. "O-oh...im sorry" I looked down embarrassingly. "Its alright..let's go!" He said and I started walking with him though I have to lead him since he's a visitor. We finally reached the library and went in. The librarian then greeted us politely.

Here's how the ancient library looks like

(A/N: i know a bit too fancy but I couldn't find a better pic)

I then started to browse through the shelves and saw a book that I have been wanting to read all week long. 'Its finally published!!!' I mentally squealed. I went to grab it but I couldn't reach it as I was too short. I started to pout and tried to think of a solution. Prince Alaric then came and helped me to grab the book. "He's so tall...why is he tall" I thought. "Hehe, genetics and milk maybe?" He said.

"Y-you heard what I said?" I asked. "Yeah you kinda mumbled it out" he replied. "Anyways this is the book you wanted right? The Oracle( part 3) huh? Oh!! I love that series! And I haven't managed to get my hands on it yet..do you think we could read it together?" He asked. "R-read together? As in you and me? U-umm s-sure I guess" I stuttered. We then found a place and started to read together but I couldn't quite catch up with him because I'm too busy being nervous and fidgety. I mean this is the prince after all. I sighed and tried to keep up. "Are you alright? Do you want me to slow down?" He asked worriedly. "N-no im fine. You can keep going your highness" I replied.