Prologue

A letter was set on the table:

My dear apprentice Yugi Amane,

Do you know a place surrounded by forest greens, tall, gigantic mountains and the big blue sea; a place where the people can live peacefully with the mystical creatures that reside in the same place; a place where all could ride unicorns, drink with goblins, gossip with fairies and mingle with centaurs?

Yep. I bet you do. After all, we live in the magical kingdom of Kamome.

We live in a magical place. Different from the kingdoms outside. And when a place has any sort of magic, you know what it'd have. Quests. And prophecies - scriptures carved on the 'Stone of Foretelling' right on top of Mount Kamome (you know, the famous mountain here) - will foretell the fate of Kamome. Every few decades, a quest will end and the prophecy will be renewed. This is the new prophecy... I kept it a secret from you for years - you were too young to understand it. However, as an 18-year-old mage who has great knowledge of the kingdom we live in, I bet you will now.

Anyhow, here's the new prophecy.

Citizens of Kamome, beware:

Two sons of the everlasting teak,

One moon who fell for the darkness;

One sun who stayed with the light.

Battle each other, they will,

In sea; on land,

For the fate of Kamome depends on the Sun.

But halt!

A fair maiden with ocean-ly wonders of light pink,

Will lie peacefully on the bed of wilted flowers,

Leading to a true love's kiss with her one true prince

And the darkness will fall.

I think, by now, you'd know why I have to tell you about the prophecy. And I bet you know full well who the Sun and the Moon are. Be prepared.

Sincerely,

Tsuchigomori (Grand Master Mage)

A young male with dark, choppy hair stared at the letter gravely. His fiery orange eyes lost its glow and turned into the void. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists tightly before realising how tense he was, then he loosened his posture - he knew he had to be calm under pressure. It was, after all, what he was taught growing up... though he had to admit, he was bamboozled over the last few lines. Who exactly was the 'fair maiden'? He shook his head, trying not to think too much about it for the time being.

"Ah, that old man... Still writing me a letter though we live under the same roof," murmured the boy as he huffed and folded the letter neatly to be kept in his drawer for safekeeping. He'd studied the prophecy for about an hour, it'd make sense to loosen up a little and put it away. He clutched his staff tightly in his hand and left the cottage he shared with his teacher, or rather, his caretaker. Maybe a trip to the nearby seashore would take his mind off things for a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

I made Yashiro and Hanako older over here, I'm sorry---

Andddddd.. Pls don't have high expectations on this book, it's just written for fun (slow updates cus eHeHe)

Also sorry for bad grammar/questionable sentence structure

That concludes the prologue, have a great day/night dear readerrr!

(P.S: Advice on grammar would help me a lot, so drop them in the comments!)