❀┊Family you longed for

Family you longed for

Summary :

Nightmare comforts Dream.

╭─ ─ ─ ─╯ʚ𑁍ɞ╰─ ─ ─ ─╮

Nightmare's P.O.V (3rd)

He watched Dream, sit there on the side of the room, humming a melody to himself.

Nightmare stares pitifully at the man infront of him. He did all those things for the better of the server and yet no one believes in him. Not a single person as they saw his ways rather... Violent.

Dream wanted everyone to stop the wars after the Disc War so he took away the disc from Tommy. It was the only reason the war started anyways.

Tommy's attachment to the discs are far more dangerous because he cares too much for them. So much so that he forgets Tubbo.

Dream wanted to show Tommy that discs are just objects but people are not.

And yet. Tommy didn't learn that.

Techno tried to do the same, he tried to tell them that discs were nothing like how humans should be treated and yet to no avail.

Nightmare felt pity for the man.

The people he considered as family threw him in a cell, being labelled as a madman, a psycho, a tyrant.

Dream was sitting peacefully in the side of the room, seemingly have lost his mind.

Nightmare stepped forward.

"Oh, hey Nightmare!" Dream greeted happily... Too happily.

"Dream..." Nightmare muttered as he crouched down to the man's height.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went dormant." He asked, still smiling.

Nightmare couldn't help but choke out a cry, he leaned forward and hugged Dream.

Dream was confused with this interaction as Nightmare never was this smooth guy. Dream felt his shoulder getting wet and that's when he knew Nightmare was crying.

Why?

"Nightmare?" Dream asked confused. Nightmare is still hugging him as tight as he could.

"I'm sorry..." Nightmare whispered softly into Dream's ears.

Dream's eyes widened. He felt a sting in his heart.

No one ever said sorry to him before, no one admitted their mistakes to him before and said sorry. No one bothered to apologize to him. No one ever did.

Dream felt tears building up his eyes as he wraps his arms around Nightmare, returning the hug.

"I'm sorry..." He repeated again.

Now Dream was full on sobbing.

He clenched Nightmare's jacket, seeking for more comfort. Accepting the emotion he's feeling right now. His son's were loud and soft. Nightmare just kept on saying sorry softly to Dream.

"I'm here... I'm sorry, I'll always be by your side..." This made Dream cry out more.

Sam heard sobs inside the prison cell. He looked up the cameras and saw Dream hugging someone.