Chapter Eight

Taehyung's POV.

"Taehyung, please don't die..." She whispered breathlessly trying to reach out her hand.

I found myself waking up running out of breath. I slowly sat up while holding my head, breathing in and out to calm myself down. This isn't the first that this would happen, ever since the day I remember everything. I would frequently have these nightmares from here and there reminding me of what happened that night during the traumatic accident.

I traveled my half opened eyes around while yawning, I realized I'm still in our apartment, and the sun is already up. I rubbed my eyes taking my phone from the pocket of my coat that is currently lying on the headrest of the couch. I checked the time and date making me realize today is the day. I let out a deep sigh shutting my eyes off.

"Hyung, you came too early." Jungkook, one of my best friends, greeted me awkwardly as he blocked my way heading to their garage. I looked at him with my coldest glare.

"How long has it been kept here?" I asked him straightforwardly.

"Just last week-,"

"Don't even try." I warned him, raising my voice showing how I am upset with him right now. He let out a sigh nodding his head as a line drew his lips.

"Fine, since it was released from the accident." He admitted as he pulled his head down. I let off a scoff in disbelief containing myself from punching this guy in front of me.

"And you didn't even have the guts to tell me even though I already remembered everything two years ago? Do you even have the idea how long and how hard I've been looking for it when all this time it's just in your effin garage?" I questioned.

"I'm sorry Hyung, I just can't, knowing how it could affect you."

"Where is it?"

"Hyung, I swear you won't want to see it." He said with his tone full of concern, blocking my way once again, but I pushed him away.

"Get out of the way, Jungkook!" I yelled, glaring my eyes at him before proceeding to his garage.

Everything inside me just stopped functioning for a moment once I saw it with my own two eyes. I can feel my heart being shattered in pieces once again. The car we used that night during the accident completely crashed and shattered especially the spot where she used to sit. That part was the most ruined part of the car. I couldn't imagine how bad she was hurt that night. I turned my back from it once an image of her bleeding, full with wounds and deep scratches just popped up before my mind that came from my forgotten memories which brought me instantly to tears, covering my mouth and realizing the fact once again after a thousand times that Jennie died in a cruelest way, she wasn't able to succeed her dreams in life, she wasn't able to have family of her own, she wasn't even able to say goodbye which is the most painful thing for me to accept. I just can't stop me blaming myself all for it.

"H-hyung."

"I'm fine." I said, wiping my tears before diverting my gaze towards him.

"I want it fixed." That's all I could say to him before moving my feet once and chose not to spare a glance towards that car once more.

"Hyung, they found this in your car. It's the only thing that survived there." Said Jungkook as he followed me out of his garage and reached out his hand, handing me an almost ripped old photograph and it realized that it's Jennie and I, and there was even a stain of blood in it. It was the last photo we took that night of our third anniversary. With that, I couldn't contain myself and break down in tears carrying this huge weight inside my chest for years.