Chapter 13 - The Library

It was a fine evening when Venezia decided to collect more books from the library for mark and give him and also complete one important task she decided long back but never got an opportunity to complete it .

She reached to the convent library and looked around . The good news was that the hall was mostly empty and the library was huge.

The library has so much silence that even when Venezia walked in carefully , her heels made tremendous noise . She collected the papers and pens around to her table and settled down at once.

Greetings from the Vatican City ,

Praise the lord ! I hope the Duke of Windsor is in good health by god's grace. This letter is an immediate plead of help from someone that is most dear to me and even to you Lucas.

Yes , prince mark still remembers you and longs for your existence. I got in knowledge about your romantic relationship with the prince because he is a very good friend to me and I cannot see him suffer more. I want the prince to be happy. I'm sure the world and even the holy church wouldn't be in an agreement to it. But , I would do anything which politically or physically possible by my power. For now , I request you to meet him once and forget about what happened in the past. I promise you both for a happier future together , it's just a matter of patience. I can still see the amount of love mark holds for you in his voice and that he still misses you. Hope for a sooner reply or action taken from your side.

                                            Regards ,
                                         Lady Venezia
                                     The Pope's Daughter

Venezia secretly wrote the letter and hid it inside a book in utter nervousness.
She stood up immediately looking around in haste to make sure no one is looking at her , writing a letter. She felt like a criminal doing it but after some time like a winner.

It is one milestone that she has recovered finally. She stood against the bookshelf holding two three books around her one arm and searching for more with the other.

By the end of a row , she felt a presence . Like another shadow is casting on her.
She was terrified but brave enough to check it out.

Suddenly a hand held her mouth , choking her on breath and Venezia struggled. She calmed down immediately after smelling the scent. It was the prince .

Mark covered her mouth from his palm and pressed her back against his chest. Venezia struggled again "what you!?"

She got furious realising this kinda of behaviour from him and struggled harder this time. She wrested herself from his hold forcefully this time making the books fall to the ground from her grip.

It made a sudden noice which made mark's heart skip a beat. He immediately pulled Venezia closer to him and held her face in order to calm her down.

Both of her hands were lying backwards. She felt so nervous but also his touch made her feel so ardent. He touched his forehead against hers and whispered "it's okay"

His whispering voice has a tingling effect of her. She held his wrist from her one hand and gestured to lower his grip but the sudden sound of books falling grabbed sister attention.

"What happened my child?" She walked upto them slowly and Venezia heard her .

Her anxiety touched the sky and she frantically picked up the books that fell down but the letter slid down back to the ground when Mark grabbed Venezia's hands and escaped in quickly . it was too late for them . Sister alfy noticed the prince taking away the pope's daughter
From the back door which widened her eyes. She hustled upto the corner But lost track of them , instead found the piece of folded letter lying on the floor.

The letter wasn't sealed , so sister alfy didn't take a note of it being Venezia's letter. She opened it casually but after reading it she was left stunned. She was so much petrified that it felt impossible for her to move from her place.

She stood there , and kept chanting the rosery in one hand and holding the letter on The other. She didn't wanted to face the situation which she's battling with herself now and was too coward to face the authorities if they got to know in knowledge of it.

"The pope , the pope would have her killed even if she tried to tell him. This is a sin. I cannot sin against the lord. Oh Venezia , what did you do ...." she kept talking to herself. And so instead , she decided to send the letter back to the king of Naples.

Endnote : hellu ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ , comment below what you feel about the sister and don't forget to vote. Hehe ! Ly 💋