Chapter 20 - The Pope's chamber.

He kept riding his stallion all through vast plains , across many villages until he reached the city of Florence. His face  was all dry by being washed up with dust and his hands had bruises after continuously riding .

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Venezia reached back to the Pope's chamber and was presented in front of the pope but not as a prisoner , she was still greatly respected by the gaurds working under the Pope's commands .

The chamber was as huge and dark as a old rotten wooden box. The only change in his room was that this time it had many different torture instruments which was used under the holy inquisition.

Venezia hands were freed from ropes and she stood still , having her head high infront of her father.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Mark reached the castle of Windsor , fully tired , bruised and sick. He was taken under care by the queen and given a chamber of his own , but rather he kept insisting the queen for him to talk to lucas as soon as possible instead of giving him aid .

He didn't saw lucas until then but his eyes kept searching for him.

The queen of Windsor was as kind as a dove and as gentle as a breeze. She was a pure hearted lady and wished good for anyone who came seeking help at her door. Her worry didn't allow mark to say any further and he was provided with his own chamber to rest.

Mark rested for some minutes , but the thought of Venezia kept him up every second. He couldn't sleep , offcourse. So , instead he decided to go out on patrol.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"What did you do my child ? You weren't supposed to do that!" The Pope's heavy  voice echoed inside the chamber when he spoke after a while.

A hint of smile came on Venezia's face when she watched him feeling so disappointed.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Mark marched across the huge corridors inside the castle , his eyes searching all around his surrounding and suddenly it stopped.

He saw a young man , standing inside a beautiful flowery gazebo at the gardens. He knew how lucas was built and that he was lucas . He was sure of it.

A hint of smile came on Mark's face and he rushed towards him.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

" you have broken the laws , you have disrespected me ... So much !!" The pope cried out loud. He has never been so angry in public , not infront of his gaurds atleast.

"How much longer can I hide your sins?" He groaned.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

" I can't do it now mark , I cannot anymore . How much longer can I hide your sins?"  Lucas got irritated by looking at mark after such a long time. He knew that mark has come and was searching for him but didn't made any effort to reach upto him.

He actually ran away from him , hiding from him or atleast, wanting to avoid him as long as possible. He was so coward, that he could not even face himself. He ran away from his own feelings and never gave a chance to mark. He never wanted to.