Reread

Low-key inspired by the manga Suki x Suki

[The exclusive skill, 'Reread' has been activated!]

[Reread is showing an event that occurred previously!]

"Just let go already and get lost, you bastard."

The hand holding Kim Dokja lets go at those words and a smile as bright as if something really good had happened was aimed towards him. "I believe you. You really are a prophet."

[The exclusive skill, 'Reread' has been activated!]

"I believe you. You really are a prophet."

[The exclusive skill, 'Reread' has been activated!]

"I believe you. You really are a prophet."

Kim Dokja replayed that moment over and over again, enjoying the look of Yoo Joonghyuk's rare smile that was aimed towards him.

----------------------------------------------

With any book you've completed, could you not, at any point in time, go back to a previous page of a book and reread it?
That's what the skill [Reread] had it's basis built upon, Kim Dokja thought to himself, having tested the limits of his new skill, he had so far discovered that as it's name suggested, it allowed the user to replay anything that happened in the past. During this replay, Kim Dokja can choose to move his consciousness out of his body and travel around the replaying world like a ghost viewing the world from any direction. When the replay ends, Kim Dokja's consciousness would return to his body and no time in the real world will have passed at all.

One downside to this skill was that as a "ghost" it of course meant that he wouldn't be able to interact with anything. The things being shown were only a "reread" after all. Another cool feature that the skill provided was that it could technically stop time, provided that he decides to reread a fraction of the second right before the present and pause the rereading.

Essentially, there were many uses for this skill, but Kim Dokja's favourite was to stop time and stare at his Life and Death Companion, Yoo Joonghyuk.

That was what he was currently doing, in the middle of a fight between Kim Dokja's company and some enemy incarnations. Dokja's consciousness floated in front of Yoo Joonghyuk, who was positioned with his sword, ready to strike the frozen-in-time enemy approaching him from behind Kim Dokja, Kim Dokja took his time taking in every feature on Yoo Joonghyuk's face.

Wavy black hair, slightly tan skin, sharp almond shaped eyes, thin lips and a strong jawline. Every feature was perfect, Yoo Joonghyuk's face was the most handsome face he had ever seen in his life.

"What a good looking sunfish,'' Kim Dokja said, feeling pleased at the fact that Yoo Joonghyuk couldn't hear Kim Dokja insult him right in his face. Although what he had said was a half praise as well, which Kim Dokja didn't seem to notice. All the while, Kim Dokja's heart was thumping fast as he thought of how he wouldn't normally be allowed to do this, without Yoo Joonghyuk trying to beat him up at least, it was all thanks to this skill.

Kim Dokja looked down at himself and saw his black flame dragon dangling between his legs. Another downside to [Reread] was that when his consciousness exits his body, the clothes don't follow. In the heat of the battle against the 'lesser dragon Igneel', he didn't mind being nude but in the calm of stopped time it was pretty embarrassing despite no one actually being able to see him. When he received the skill, Kim Dokja forced himself to get used to it fast so that he could use his ability to its full potential. Floating in front of Yoo Joonghyuk's line of sight was something he never got used to.