━ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 - I found a girl, the vamps; ready or not, bridget mendler; rumors, jake miller;

B.E.A.T. WAS NOT very organized. To clarify, they were anything but. The majority of the band had only a few hours left to pack before their tour bus left - with or without them. Rose sighed as she watched the pure pandemonium ensue in the band room.

Kai and Aelyn were yelling across the room, asking where their stuff was, even though they knew no one else would know. Camille was frantically shoving her dark-stained guitar into its case and glancing around for her pick while Rose simply pursed her lips and nudged her fully prepared bags and suitcases, which had been filled with everything she needed for the summer days ago. Kai's duffel bag was bulging with unfolded clothes, tipped over from ridiculous imbalance.

"Would you guys hurry up?" Rose sighed impatiently. "We haven't even seen what the bus looks like yet."

"Don't worry, it's nice," A deep British voice replies as their manager walked through the door, a small smile hidden behind his lips.

"Oh shit, don't worry Wil, we're almost done!" Camille assured him.

"Uh-huh," He replied sarcastically, watching her snag her guitar pick off the end table. "Wis, don't forget your stand," He reminded Aelyn, motioning to her keyboard stand left on the floor.

"Oh- thanks!" She folded up the black metal stand and tried her best to stuff it in her bag.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go check out the bus with Wil, just make sure you guys are ready in time," Rose said, waving to her friends.

"Do you think they know that the bus can't wait for them?" Wilbur asked as he led her into the parking lot.

Rose just laughed. "They'll figure it out in time, don't worry." They turned the corner of the building and Rose was met with luxurious sight. A shiny white bus the size of two school buses sat in two parking spaces, the tinted windows reflecting the sunlight into Rose's eyes.

"Damn," She muttered, admiring the glint of the polished color.

Wilbur laughed. "The Feral Boys bought it for you guys, everything's top of the line," Rose whistled lowly, shaking her head. "You can go inside if you'd like," Wil offered, and Rose nodded and walked towards the door.

The inside was lavishly furnished for such a tight space. A plush white couch faced a mounted flat screen tv in a skinny version of a living room, on the other side, a small bar and kitchen were squeezed into the corner. Rose inspected the marble countertops and then proceeded into the back room which was filled with bunks with curtains for privacy and a door leading to a bathroom at the end.

"This is nice," She commented, slowly nodding her head.

Wilbur laughed. "Guess that's all I'm gonna get from you?"

"Yep," She replied and suppressed a grin. He shook his head with a smile and then jumped a little at a distant shout.

Kai, Aelyn, and Camille were sprinting across the parking lot, waving and shouting incomprehensible things. Rose finally understood when she checked her watch; it said they had five minutes before the bus left.

"Get your bags in the back and let's go, I'm driving," Rose ordered as they got closer.

"Yes, ma'am," Kai saluted, straightening his posture, and Aelyn stifled a laugh through panting. Rose simply rolled her eyes and climbed into the driver seat. After putting their bags in the back, Camille slid into the passenger seat and Kai and Aelyn were lounging on the plush sofas.

Aelyn slid a bit when the bus originally jolted forward, but she soon got used to the feeling of moving as Kai flipped through the guide on the tv. Wilbur took his own car, following the bus down the Atlanta streets. They would arrive at the Orlando stadium in eight hours, leaving time for them to stop to eat and switch drivers. The ride was slightly bumpy, but overall pleasant. They stopped for a quick lunch made in the compact kitchen and Camille took the wheel. By the time they arrived, it was already dark and they parked nicely in a large space reserved for them.

Out the windows, they could spot a warm glow emitting from a bonfire surrounded by a few people.

"I wanna go over there," Aelyn motions to the gathering.

Camille shrugs. "I want to fix my hair first, hold on," Rose says, retreating into the back. While they waited, the group peered into the darkness, trying to make out the people.

"There's Jade," Camille observed. She was still salty about her defeat during the record company competition, where Scarlett had smack-talked her right before playing harder and faster than Camille knew was possible. Miracle Moon had won the contest, and now they were already buddying up with the Feral Boys because they arrived first. Camille just wanted to go over there and show off her close friendship with Sapnap (and maybe make some of Miracle's members jealous too).

"I see Juno too," Kai commented, looking at the brunette next to Scarlett. June had also outplayed Kai, playing a full rhythm with her eyes fully closed. Kai didn't hold a grudge against his competitor unlike Cam, he actually respected her greatly and the amount of time and practice she put into her work.

Aelyn kept quiet. She had beaten the other keyboard player, Virginia, but it still wasn't enough to win since Miracle Moon's backup guitarist had beaten Camille right after Scarlett had.

Rose finally walked out of the bedroom, her black and orange hair neatly combed in long waves. "C'mon, let's show these fuckers up," She smirked. The four walked slowly, whispering little inside jokes and grinning to each other with a sense of superiority. B.E.A.T may have lost the competition, but they never lost their pride.

╔════════════════════════════╗

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

Now that you've met both of the bands and got a little backstory on the record company contest, we can finally get into the fun chapters! As for the soundtracks at the beginning, its for people who like to listen to music as they read. I wanted to make a playlist, but that would give away the mood of future chapters, so there's a little list of songs that go with the chapter. The longer the chapter, the more songs I'll put in. We'll get some more drama in the next chapter, I promise. Love you guys <33

╚════════════════════════════╝