Taste Test

Albedo gently wrapped a blindfold around Aether's eyes, tying it in the back before turning to his workstation to grab some supplies.

"So, what's this next test?" The Traveler asked, leaning forward on the stool he was sitting on as Albedo turned back to face him.

"A taste test, to see if your taste has been altered from traveling to and from different worlds." He said while holding a small tray of various food items.

"Really, a taste test? Oh, so that's why you had Paimon go fetch a red box in my fridge." (Idk if he even has a kitchen in his lab but, in this story it does.)

"Yes, I only have a few items for you to try here, so the more we can get the better the results will be." He responded. "Now, open wide."

Aether did as he was told, and Albedo placed a valberry in his mouth. He observed carefully as the other began to chew. "Um, it's sweet. A little tart. Juicy. Am I doing this right?"

"Yes, you are doing fine. So far no difference in flavor from my own. Interesting." Albedo commented before noticing some valberry juice on Aether's lips. He placed the tray down behind him and gently tilted Aether's head up by his chin to wipe the juice away with his thumb; however, he didn't move, gazing instead at the pinker-than-normal lips of his subject. Slowly, he leaned down, their faces getting so close that their noses were nearly touching. He gently traced Aether's lips with his thumb, smearing the juice across them more while admiring how soft and warm they felt under his touch. He wondered what they would feel like against his own lips and suddenly his interest was piqued beyond measure. He wanted to know the feeling, he wanted a taste of the other–ah, that gave him an idea.

"Albedo?" Aether mumbled, bringing Albedo back to reality. "Is everything alright?"

"Hm, yes. This next part of the test," His voice unnaturally shook for just a moment, causing him to clear his throat before continuing, "requires me to kiss you..." The words came out as a mere whisper, far softer than his normal tone.

"... Then what are you waiting for?" Aether's quick response and agreement to such an outlandish request surprised Albedo. The alchemist licked his own lips, staying still for a few heartbeats, his eyes glancing at Aether's mouth before looking away. Part of him wanted to back away and continue with the normal experiment that he had planned, another part of him wanted to kiss the Traveler only for test purposes, and another part of him, a part he was nervous to admit, had a desire, a want, a need to kiss the blonde in front of him. He flinched when Aether began to tap his foot against the cave floor, knowing the other was getting impatient and that he didn't have time to think of all the possible outcomes and consequences that could come from this. If two parts of him wanted to do it, then he would - it was only logical, of course.

Going painstakingly slow, Albedo tilted his head before gently pressing his lips against Aether's for only a second before he began to pull away, but Aether pressed forward into the kiss, forcing their lips to meet once more in a deeper, longer kiss. His lips were so soft compared to Albedo's own slightly chapped and chilled lips and they had a slightly sweet taste from the leftover valberry juice - it was nearly intoxicating, something that he could easily get lost in if he allowed himself to. He stared straight at the blindfold, wondering if Aether's eyes were closed behind it, wondering if he should close his eyes, wondering and worrying and wanting their first kiss to never end because of how good it felt to finally be able to kiss him after having spent so much time together and falling little by little for him. When their lips finally parted Albedo let out a small sigh and stood back up. He stayed silent, not knowing what to say and not even knowing what to think. He soon found that all his thoughts kept circling back to Aether and how he just wanted to kiss him more, deeper, harder and how he wanted to try other 'experiments' with him - for how cold Dragonspine was, his whole body felt incredibly warm. Aether stayed silent as well, and for once Albedo hated the silence.

Finally he spoke, needing to know what Aether was thinking, "And that? How... was that?"

Aether cocked his head to the side slightly, a small grin on his face, "I don't know, I didn't get a good enough taste."

Albedo was caught off guard from the response, a rare sight for the alchemist as his eyes widened slightly and a little smirk appeared on his face; however, he composed himself quickly, stating in his usual tone, "Well then, looks like we need to experiment further on this particular subject."