episode nine

FRIENDS.
season two | episode nine.
the one where the boys are gonna be uncles.

unedited.

"Where the fuck is Renjun?" Jaemin grumbled, glancing down at his watch before looking back up at the empty cafe. The group of men had finished the last of the orders and even cleaned up the place.

Mark flipped the open sign, to the opposite side and laid down on the cafe's middle couch. "Maybe he's still out on his break,"

"Wait, shut up, he's calling me right now," Jeno shushed the group, and they quickly complied as he put the call on speaker. "Hello?"

"Jeno, I need you to pack Hwa Young's hospital bag," Renjun's panicked voice filtered through the device, startling the men.

"No, don't tell me—"

"The motherfucking baby is coming! Stop dwelling! Why don't i hear y'all running! Y'all this little baby is gonna pop out of my vagina and you guys are just standing like stupid mannequins! Don't you hear me screaming that this baby is gonna rip me! RIP this pussy aye—" Hwa Young interrupted— yelling into the phone surprising the group of boys further. For a moment, they were dead silent. All staring off into nothing, but as the reality of the situation dawned upon them, they began to scream and panic too.

"Oh my god! The baby is coming!"

"Are you guys at the hospital?"

"Do I wear a suit? I want to impress him!"

"Donghyuck!" Renjun yelled out in frustration, cutting everyone's panicky attitudes, "Someone for the love of god just pack Hwa Young's hospital suitcase and meet us at Yeji hospital,"

. . .

The boys had ran up the apartment building stairs— saying the elevator was too slow— they were out of breath as they bursted into the 117 Apartment. Jaemin immediately took the role as leader as he began to yell out orders to the members. "Mark get the suitcase from the closet! Jeno get the baby seat ready! Donghyuck gather Hwa Young's clothes and I'll get the baby bag ready!"

Immediately the men scrambled off into different directions, all with a responsibility to do.

Donghyuck bursted into Renjun and Hwa Young's shared bedroom, stumbling over the mess of scattered clothing and bags of wrapped gifts still intact from the baby shower. "Geez and I thought I was unprepared for life," He muttered, hopping over the numerous obstacles to their closet.

Immediately standing in front of it, he slid the sliding doors open, revealing cabinets and countless amounts of hung clothes.

"Guys, what do I pack?" He yelled out the men, but they were all too busy with their tasks to reply.

"Whatever I'll figure this out myself then!" Donghyuck hesitantly opened a drawer, finding Hwa Young's bras and underwear's stuffed away. Instantly, his hands flew to his eyes, "Oh my god!"

"What?!" Hearing the terrified yell of their friend, the guys had finally dropped what they were doing and barged into the bedroom seeing Donghyuck with his face buried in his hands.

"I forget Hwa Young's an actual woman sometimes! I thought she wore the same underwear as us—"

"Immature brat, i'll do it. A baby is literally punching Hwa in the gut and you're scared of what? Floral patterned underwear?" Jaemin grumbled, pushing the male aside to pack the clothes himself.

. . .

A very long and excruciating hour has passed since they got the call, and boys had finally made it to the hospital after endless arguing and head butting.

"Why are you packing your baby blanket you got them?" Jaemin retorted, picking up the striped fabric from the suitcase, eyes narrowed in a glare

Mark looked up from folding clothes with an equally as challenging expression. "What's wrong with it? It's cute and has pandas!"

"I am not letting my god child be warmed by a blanket with an animal that exudes pretty privilege!"

"You don't have to be jealous—" The Lee tried, yet Jaemin was quick to cut him off.

"Excuse you, I am very much pretty, and not jealous!"

The four men— arms stuffed with their overnight bags, Hwa Young and Renjun's things, and even flower bouquets for their friend— traveled into the Hospital reception area. Everyone in the room glanced in their direction, some chuckling at their behavior, as others eyed them weirdly.

Ignoring them, Jaemin confidently strode up the front desk and cleared his throat— attracting the attention of the nurses to him.

"Yes, Sir, how may I help you?" The elder woman asked, a weak, yet warm grin on her face.

The Na smiled back as he replied. "Me and my friends are here for Huang Hwa Young," He leant to the side, allowing the lady to look past him— seeing his three buds tap their feet impatiently.

"Oh yes, what a bunch, let me get her information for you," Mrs.Choi, the nurse, turned to her computer and typed the given name. After a few seconds of waiting for the program to load, the desktop dinged and the woman turned back towards Jaemin.

"Room 511,"

"Thank you,"

. . .