26. shit hits the fan

prepare for some angst towards the end of the chapter 👁👁

***

MARCH, 3:47 PM.

aDare !!🧑🏽‍🎤✨🤸🏽: buddy,,,,,,,,,,,, mayhaps,,,,,,,,,is there something more going on between u and dion ? 👁👁

kie(run)🏃🏽‍♂️: ppl saw y'all hardcore flirting at the bakery 

kie(run)🏃🏽‍♂️: you don't have to tell us anything but omg 😏

These are the messages that appear in my notifications while I stand in line at the 7 11 not too far away from my house. There are still a few people ahead of me, so I purse my lips at the text messages before replying.

me: we kissed. 

aDare !!🧑🏽‍🎤✨🤸🏽: PLS U SAID THAT SO CASUALLY

 kie(run)🏃🏽‍♂️: damn 😏

aDare !!🧑🏽‍🎤✨🤸🏽: is this the beginning of a love story ? 

me: no idea 

kie(run)🏃🏽‍♂️: you're such a fucking dry texter. surprised what dion sees in you :///

aDare !!🧑🏽‍🎤✨🤸🏽: give us some emojis. asshole :|

me: okay lmfao 👍🏽 

aDare !!🧑🏽‍🎤✨🤸🏽: 😭😭

kie(run)🏃🏽‍♂️: what r you doing rn ?

me: getting slushies in 7 11

me: i'll probably head to dion's after

Not even seconds after I send that message, Adair and Kieran flood my messages with teases, Kieran dropping far too many smirks to count. Finally, Adair sends me a have a good time and my lips curve upwards as I slide my phone back into my pocket.

And not too long after that, the last person in front of me walks off with their drinks, and I order two slushies, holding them in either hand once I pay. With that, I send the cashier a thank you and start making my way out of the convenience store. 

I slip into my car and place each slushie into a cupholder, then I send a text message to Dion, telling him that I'm coming over. My mind flicks over to the wedding as I tighten my seatbelt. The big day is fast-approaching and I can tell by excitement in my parents' eyes and the increasingly flustered energy around preparations and flight bookings, something that only increased when I told them that Dion would be coming as my date.