fetus writing !!

// note hi lmao this is mostly fetus kiri writing but i 
also love the words here so !! alsoif i remember right
kudos to anjali for helping me with a line in this !!
grammar's hard okay:( 

Have I fallen in love?

I can't tell. Nothing about this is something I can comprehend. Nothing about love. Nothing.

What is love? I asked myself that every day. I prided myself on knowing everything, but love managed to stump me every time.

Is love finding someone who appreciates you just by your existing by their side?

Or is love discovering someone who can't live without you in their lives?

Or is love magic only the gifted could find?

Or is love acknowledging that the other will hold you in their arms all night if only to give you the comfort and compassion you never had before, which was theirs to this point in their story?

Or is love a lie?

Is it just a tale? An expectation? Nothing of value? Is love even real?

Or is my love sitting next to me, gazing into my eyes under the tender and luminous moonlight?

"You have pretty eyes," she whispers gently. Not quite into my ear, but close enough for me to overhear. "They're angel eyes." She says it softly. Like a secret. A secret that makes a thousand butterflies explode in me.

I look at her intently. What did she ever see in me? Whatever was I that was so significant to her? What qualities did I possess to make her fall for me?

"I love you," she muttered, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I love you so much." My heart exploded, a million butterflies coursing through me, and I'd lost my breath somewhere along the way. My eyes widened, my head was spinning, the cool, tender breeze was lashing gently on my face, and her beautiful rust-coloured orbs looked at my frosted eyes. Her golden-brown skinned hand rested on my pale, lifeless one.

"I love you too," I whispered, hushed but loud enough for her to hear me.

I have fallen.