12

Aria woke up in a panic, eyes instantly widening as she took in her surroundings, not knowing where she was or why as the last thing she remembered was getting attacked by someone she considered a good friend. She heard shuffling around the room as Newt came into view, letting her feel relieved he was there.

"N-Newt." She stuttered out, feeling pain when she tried to speak.

"Love it's okay, I'm here. You're okay. You'll be okay, try not to strain your voice." Newt soothed her as she nodded, reaching her hand out for him to grab which he did, letting her pull him towards her bed.

"Want me to sit with you?" He asked as she nodded, moving over so he could lay beside her.

"Do I have bruises on my neck?" She hoarsely asked as he nodded, "Is Thomas okay? What happened to him?"

"Thomas is fine. Ben he, uh, he got stung." Newt said as she nodded.

"What's going to happen to him?"

"Aria... you know what happens when someone gets stung."

"But he's our friend."

"I know." Newt sadly said as a knock came on the door, Aria being frightened at the sounds and whoever could be on the other side of the door.

"Aria, it's alright, I'm here and I won't let anything happen to you. He's in the pit, okay?" Newt reassured as she nodded, letting him call out 'Come in!'

Thomas walked in and Newt felt Aria let out a sigh of relief.

"I heard Newt talking in here and wanted to come to check on you." Thomas said, walking to the side of the bed where Aria laid.

"Thank you, how are you?" Aria asked, watching as Thomas looked shocked at how hoarse her voice was.

"Uh, I'm fine, fine. Aria look, I am so sorry you got hurt because of me."

"It wasn't your fault, we both were in the forest. Frankly, if you weren't there, he would have killed me." Aria said as she swung her legs over the bed, standing up to give Thomas a hug, wrapping her arms around his middle as he rested his on her shoulders, honestly relieved she was okay, even if her voice was all messed up.

"I'll go now, just wanted to come to say hi and make sure you are okay." Thomas told her before bidding the two goodbyes as she crawled back into her bed with Newt, wrapping her arms around him.

"Are you sure you want to lay here? We could go back to our room to rest?" Newt asked, bringing her closer.

"I want to just stay here for a bit longer." Aria sighed, leaning into his chest.

"Well, we can do that."

//

Later that evening, Aria and Newt started walking towards the group as they prepared for Ben's banishment and Minho soon spotted Aria and Newt, wanting to ensure his friend was okay.

"Aria... your neck, oh my god." Minho said, stepping towards her as she slightly cowarded into Newts side, feeling awkward with being out around everyone again.

"I 'm okay Minho..."

Newt turned to Minho's hurt look on his face, mouthing a quick 'I'll tell you later.' as he nodded, turning back towards where Ben stood, surrounded by everyone else.

"Love... I would stay with you-" Newt started, knowing he needed to be over with the other keepers and boys to ensure Ben leaves.

"Go Newt, I'm fine." Aria told him as she stood as far away as she could, being able to listen without being too close.