➷ Josuke | Hunger

Warning

Description of cannibalism, blood, and death

Includes

Immortal!Josuke, Ghoul!Reader

Josuke hums quietly as he drags his fingers across the weeping injury of one of his patients. To the unseeing eye, another hand traces the wound with him, healing the scar as he goes. It has become common for him to heal such simple injuries, the sight of torn flesh long since stopped bothering him.

The current ongoing war led to many kinds of injuries, ones that he is able to heal with ease with the use of his Crazy Diamond. The stand has allowed the immortal to heal the most detrimental of wounds for numerous injured soldiers. His expertise in medicine has proven he's a great healer, but some believe he was a man blessed with holy power.

Commonly, whenever there is a raging war or battle he would appear, helping those that he could since he took the role of a healer rather seriously.

Of course, he wouldn't waste his time healing those with critical wounds since they were bound to die in a matter of minutes.

As Josuke makes his rounds he heals those with major injuries that they'll survive from while bandaging others with only minor injuries. He traverses through the med bay tents, checking on those who need help while assisting the healers.

"If you no longer need me, I'll be checking on those in the critical bay." He smiles at the healer, causing the woman to blush.

"Of course," she smiles, "We can handle everything here."

With that, the immortal exits the tent and heads to the critical bay. The long walk to the tent leaves him with his thoughts, the swirling anticipation settling in his gut growing.

It's been a long two months since this war has started, yet he's still left waiting.

Josuke enters the tent with a sigh, his eyes roaming over the sleeping and unconscious forms of soldiers in critical condition. He kneels down next to a man with a variety of scars, the wounds noticeably reopened from his blood-soaked bandages.

While he's focused on cleaning and placing new bandages on the man's body a soldier enters the tent. Unlike the lion crest upon the other soldiers' breastplates, this soldier bore the crest of a star on the back of his left shoulder.

The man drops on one knee behind him, eyes downcast as he utters, "My lord, she's here."

Josuke instantly perks up at this, a grin gracing his beautiful face.

"Where is she," he inquired while ridding his hands of blood in a water basin.

The soldier responds with "I saw m'lady head into the tent of the deceased."

"Of course," he chuckles, "You are dismissed."

The soldier rises to his feet and bows before slipping back out of the tent.

After drying his hands Josuke leaves the tent, his heart thumping with excitement as he heads to the tent where they keep the dead for preparation.

The first thing he notices when entering the tent is the flat dark sheets that had been placed over the recently deceased. Eyes roaming over the empty cots he pauses a few feet away with a delighted smile on his face.

As expected, he finds you crouched over one of the freshly fallen soldiers. Your [e/c] eyes were glowing a soft [f/c] as your sclera darkened to black. Your eyes were narrowed in concentration as you ran your fingers along the soldier's arm.