And the killer is.....!

I was still watching the contest when I noticed Shawn and Gus take two seats on the aisle.
'Wonder what's happening there?'
Just like it was like I was summoning the devil, Marcus came over and leaned close to me so no one over heard.
"Apparently Shawn has worked out who the killer is. Just needs to make sure."
"Thanks." I told making him go back to the side lines.
'This should be interesting then.'
"We're down to the final two spellers. This has been a hard-fought battle right from the start. We've had tragedy, controversy, but when it really mattered, these kids put together a fantastic display of the power of learning." The announcer stated
"Jiri Prochazka, you have the next word. 'Mastoparietal'." Fineman told over the speaker.
"P... part of speech?"
'Feel like he could be the son of Satan.... wonder why?'
"It is an adjective." Fineman stated
"C... could I have the d... definition?"
"Yes. Relating to the mastoid portion of the temporal bone and to the parietal bone."
I noticed he looked over at his father's direction making me lean back in my chair slightly to see him tapping a book.
'Yeah he is definitely cheating. Shame shame I know your name.'
"M... A... S... T... O... P... A - R... I..." he slowly spelt out.
'Oh fuck! 1953!'
Soon Gus and Shawn got up from their seats and made their way over to me which confused the announcer and Bud.
"Hi. Sorry we are working with her on something." Shawn quietly told before they both crouched.
"It's the dad right?" I asked as I leaned away from the desk.
"100%. He is using the inhaler." He told
"Call Vick then."
"We wanted you to come with."
"No. Shawn does, I know your busy here."
"Even if I could, I can't. I need to be here cause as soon as the winner is announced I have to head onto the stage to perform."
"New song or old?"
"Shawn!" Gus quietly exclaimed.
"I'm curious."
"New. Now go and solve this." I told making them quickly rush off.
'My oh my we have not changed much.'
Soon I was collected by Marcus and we quickly made our way to the stage, where I got my guitar and took my wrist brace off. Once it was ready to go, I walked on stage behind Mrs.Foote who was announcing the winner.
'Of course it's the cheater family.'
"And this year's winner of the central California regionals is Jiri Prochazka." She announced before handing the large cardboard check as everyone who was present applauded. I saw Gus off to the side as he gets joined by the police I had met earlier. I soon had my attention brought to the side when Shawn began to whoop and applaud at the feat.
'This should be good.'
"Whoop it up, people! This is what you came to see, right here! This is it! Yes!" He exclaimed before holding Miklos and Jiri's arms up in victory, making the dad smile nervously once he saw the police.
'Oh yeah. He is definitely guilty.'
"This competition meant everything to Miklos!" Shawn told before he began to convulsing like he's being electrocuted. "Oh, boy! Gus! Gus, here we go! Gus, it's happening!" He told before letting go of them and stumbling back till he reached me to help him recover "I know who killed Elvin Cavanaugh."
I noticed the police officers talk briefly with one another, and Vick and Lassie held an annoyed look at Shawns antics.
"I'm sorry. I'm kind of a slave to my visions. I'm a slave." He told slightly out of breath.
"Need a push?" I quietly asked making him smile and give me a nod.
I gave him a slight push making him take a few steps forward.
"They just sort of come when they want to come. Jiri... spell 'soubrette'." Shawn told making me smile.
"Why is this man speaking?" Miklos questioned.
"You can't, can you? Not without help from your dad. And that's not a real inhaler, is it?"
"This is crazy. This... this..." he tried telling only to not be able to argue.
"Cheating was Cavanaugh's obsession. He was going to expose you as a cheater. He was going to disqualify Jiri, and you knew it, and you couldn't let that happen. You had way too much to lose. You slipped into the box. You knew his comfort was food. He was dangerously unhealthy. He's starting to go into shock...You knew he wouldn't stop the bee. He never stops the bee. By the end of the round, it was too late. Too dizzy to walk, he stumbles...He tumbles over the rail, crashes to the chairs below and almost on Ashlyn's manager if it wasn't for her quick reflexes...and there goes the evidence. Except for one thing. That inhaler." He told as he acted it out only to end up pointing towards the fake inhaler.
I quickly grabbed his wrist stopping him from putting it into his pocket.
"Sorry kid." I told before taking it and tossing it to Juliet, who catches it.
"It sends electronic signals! The transmitter is in your jacket. You sent the signals from the audience to the stage. And I bet at your home, we'll find the van that ran me off the road when I alerted the police! Dangerous cocktail of unforgiving poisons."
"You don't need it." Juliet told as she took a few steps forward. I took your advice. I ran the Chinese food through the lab. Nothing's definite... I'm sorry. He just seemed sure. I took a shot."
"Thank you." We both mouthed towards her.
'Maybe not all cops are bad. Except the other one. I wanna kill him.'
"I'll take it from here." Vick told as she got onto the stage.
Mrsz Foote yanks the check out of Jiri's hands.
'This is not how I thought this competition would end.'

After everything was sorted the police were invited to stay for the song and I gave a wink towards my boys who were next to the cops.
"Hello everyone. As you may certainly know, my name is Ashlyn Monroe. Now I finished this song this morning, and it's dedicated to my two boys. Of course I can not perform this song with out them especially for their hard work that they did today. So I got Marcus, my good man to print the lyrics for them so they knew the words. May Shawn Spencer and Burton Guster come up here and sing this special song about them!" I exclaimed making everyone clap.
I saw police that we were with earlier look confused as Shawn and Gus rushed onto the stage.
"You sure about this Ash?" Gus asked.
"Always boys."

(Ash, all of them.)

"In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity
If it's all right, then you're all wrong
But why bounce around to the same damn song?
You'd rather run when you can't crawl" I sung before stepping back a bit to count in the boys.

"3,2,1, go!" I told before quickly spinning my guitar to catch it on the note as we all began to sing.

"I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth
I know, you know, they just don't have any proof
Embrace the deception, learn how to bend
Your worst inhibitions tend to psych you out in the end

In the realm of complements there isn't any higher than
A fabricated misdirection fashioned by a liar
You think you hate, all that you love
Acting so surprised when it fits you like a glove

If you want to find the answers, then I offer a solution
I'm the one who's got a dose of healthy disillusion
If it's a game yeah, you wanna play
You better load the dice cus' they'll do it anyway, but
You'd rather run when you can't crawl

I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth
I know, you know, they just don't have any proof
Embrace the deception, learn how to bend
Your worst inhibitions, they'll psych you out in the end

I know you know
I know you know
I know you know
I know you know."

Once the song was done the boys tackled me into a hug making the three of us laugh.
'I have missed them so much.'