Silent treatment

No one's POV.:

Hyunjin fell asleep within minutes despite the storm still raging on outside their dorm. The little was exhausted, especially considering it was already late at night, and finally felt safe in his daddy's arms. He had always been convinced that his caregiver's hugs could cure anything, at least insomnia and sads. However, Chan wasn't as lucky as his dongsaeng and despite being exhausted too, he didn't manage to fall asleep. Guilt was eating him up inside and his head started to hurt the longer he lay awake. The turmoil outside reflecting the whirlwind of emotions confusing his mind. He was grateful to have Hyunjin next to him, the dancer's body keeping him warm as Chan still felt the chill from walking through the rain deep in his bones. The leader pressed himself closer to the little, trying to absorb as much of his warmth as he could, while suppressing a shiver. He was quite certain his head was hurting because he had been crying so much earlier, so he fought to hold his tears back as they threatened to spill again. Chan didn't even know why he felt the urge to cry again, sure, he felt guilty but he wasn't sad. He could never be sad when Hyunjin was with him. It was probably the amount of his motions that he couldn't even name that was slowly overwhelming. Too much had happened over the course of the day and he was struggling to take it all in. No matter how hard he tried to not think about it, he couldn't get his mind to quieten down, whimpering softly as his headache thumped harder behind his brows.

By the time Chan fell asleep, the sun was already rising and so was Hyunjin. Despite going to bed late last night, the little couldn't wait to get up and spend time with his daddy. He wanted to wake the older but something was holding him back. Maybe it were the dark circles under the leader's eyes or the dried tearstains on his cheeks. It might also have been Chan's raspy breathing that told the dancer to let his caregiver rest a bit longer. Not wanting to play with anyone other than his daddy, Hyunjin remained seated on the bed next to the older and played with his plushies. Every once in a while, he heard the older groan in his sleep and although they all knew Chan always sounded distressed when he slept, it scared the little. He tried to distract himself from it but it didn't work to well, besides, he was also getting bored all by himself. Placing Snowflake in his lap, Hyunjin reached over and shook Chan's shoulder. The leader barely acknowledged him, turning over and shoving his face into the pillow. Pouting, the little shook him again, harder this time, which earned him a frustrated groan from his caregiver. "Daddy wake up!", the dancer whined, growing annoyed. Chan rolled onto his side and looked up at his dongsaengs with half-closed eyes, rasping: "'m 'wake." – "We pway now?", Hyunjin beamed, getting excited. Suppressing a groan, the older nodded before turning his face back into the pillow to muffle a cough.

He had only been awake for a few minutes but Chan could already tell that today wouldn't be his day at all. After only sleeping for two hours at most, his head was hurting just as bad as it did last night but he couldn't miss out on playing with Hyunjin after what the little had been through. At least the storm had passed over night. Putting on a forced smile, the caregiver sat up and whispered: "Shouldn't we eat breakfast first, Angel?" – "Hm. Jinnie hungwy. Eat pwease", the younger agreed, climbing over Chan to get out of bed and rushing out of the room. How did he have so much energy after only sleeping a bit? The leader couldn't help but envy him as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and was hit by a wave of dizziness upon trying to stand up. Blinking the dark spots away, he followed Hyunjin to the kitchen. The little seemed a bit indecisive about what he wanted to eat but then his face lit up. Tugging on his daddy's sleeve, he beamed: "Daddy, waffwes pwease." Chan nodded and went to look for the waffle maker. "Do you want to color while Daddy makes breakfast?", he whispered, already starting to set everything up. Hyunjin nodded, waddling off to pass the time till breakfast would be ready.

While baking the waffles, Chan turned on the kettle to heat up some water. He had woken up to a sharp pain in his throat and could tell that his voice was completely shot without even trying to talk, due to the pain it caused him. Oh, how he wished to have some coffee now to help him function despite barely sleeping but he knew it wouldn't do him much good, so when the water was heated up, he made himself a cup of green tea, which would hopefully help him wake up too while soothing his throat a bit. Sipping his tea, Chan couldn't even smell the sweet scent that filled the kitchen as he baked after his steaming tea had caused his nose to run and he was too busy sniffling. He knew he was probably sick after walking through the rain and not taking a shower to warm up afterwards and it worried him. Not because he couldn't handle catching a cold but rather because he knew Hyunjin would catch it with how clingy he was and the Aussie couldn't stand the thought of getting the little sick. The younger was always more sensitive when he was sick and being in his headspace already made him more delicate, so Chan really didn't want to find out if both of these things were combined. Though it broke his heart, he knew he should try to keep some space between Hyunjin and him, so the little wouldn't catch whatever he was coming down with.