1

Sarah’s POV 
24th July 2007

It's my birthday! I’m finally 13. Let me introduce myself. My name is Sarah Martin. There are six in my family: me, my parents, Ellen and Mark, My two brothers James and Paul and finally my sister Julie. 

I have a YouTube channel where I do covers on it. I love any kind of music. One of my favorite artists is Mötley Crüe. I do a lot of covers of their songs. My favorite song is Shout At The Devil, I love it so much, it was the first Mötley Crüe song I heard. I also like all kinds of different types of bands. I enjoy listening to bands like Bon Jovi, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters and Kiss.

I was filming a video when I heard my name being called.

“Sarah, would you come down, your father and I want to talk to you about something important” mom yelled softly from downstairs. I walked downstairs, and my mom and dad were sitting on the couch in the living room. I was wondering what they wanted to talk about. My parents weren’t that talkative to me about things unless I'm in trouble.

“Mom? Dad? Is everything ok?” I asked with a slight frown plastered across my face.

“Sit beside us,” dad said with a sad expression, 'Jeez what did I do now'

“Okay, what’s going on? Am I in trouble? Please tell me” I exclaimed worried something bad happened. I sat down on the couch in the middle between them and waited patiently for an answer, both of their faces looking more serious than usual. They both took a deep breath.

"Sweetie, me and your dad wanted to tell you this since you were five but we waited till you were a bit older to handle it” mom sighed.

“O-Okay,” I said. What the hell is going on? There was a minute of awkward silence. My god, tell me already.

“Tell me” 

“Do you know why we don’t have any photos of you as a baby?” mom asked. ‘Was I an ugly baby’

“No, Why?” I questioned.

"You were adopted Sarah” mom blurted out, she took my hand and held it. ‘WAIT WHAT’

“What?” I yelled out. why didn’t they tell me, no wonder I don’t look like anyone in this family. My brothers and sister have blue eyes and brown hair while I have green eyes and dark blonde hair. My mother Ellen has blue eyes, and brown hair and my father has brown eyes and black hair. What happened to my birth parents? Did I meet them? Where are they now?' A lot of thoughts were coming to me

“We’re sorry" they both apologized at the same time. I wanted to crawl into a hole and cry. I played with my fingers trying to process what they said. I slowly nodded and looked down at my lap. This can't be real. They had to be joking. 

“You guys are joking, right?” I whispered, tearing up. I don’t want to believe them.

"No darling, we are not joking," mom said going to the kitchen, she came back with a folder in her hand. 'What the hell is that?'

"This is a copy of your adoption papers, we got them when we adopted you" mom explained, opening the folder.

"Can I see it? I asked, wiping my eyes, trying not to cry more. I was scared to read it, afraid I'd find out that my birth parents abandoned me.

“Of course sweetheart," mom handed me the file. 

"Can I go upstairs and go through it please?" I wanted to be on my own and process this. They said yes and mom told me that we were getting a takeaway pizza for my birthday dinner. 

"Thanks," I said going upstairs, I looked at the mirror in the hall, wet tears on my cheeks, I wiped them and my eyes fast. 

When I went into my room, I saw the camera that I use for my YouTube was still on, I must have left it on. I turned off the camera and sat on my bed, I opened the folder, The first two sheets of paper with my birth certificate, and the adoption paper. My birth certificate had my birth mother's name on it but not my birth father's name. My birth mom's name was Megan Smith. Why isn't my birth father's name not on it?

On the next page, I found my mother's death certificate, oh god. It said that she died in a car crash, and there was a baby in the car with her. She died saving her. The page after that was a picture of my mom, she was beautiful, with brown eyes. I started crying again as the door opened. Julie, my sister, popped her head in.

"Hey, are you okay? She asked, sitting beside me on the bed.

"Did you know? I whispered, she looked at me and put her arm around me.

"I'm sorry Sarah but they told me not to tell you, I wanted to tell you, I did, but it was hard," she said.

"You still could've told me, Julie," I said, trying not to cry again. I wanted to go to sleep, my head was getting sore.

"I'm sorry," she apolized, hugging me.

"I know I'm sorry too," I told her while hugging her back. She always had my back.

"It's okay, did you read the folder?" She wondered.

"Yeah, but it doesn't say who my father is or even was” I responded playing with my fingers. 

“Oh, sorry I don’t know what to say” she picked up the file, she went through it for a few seconds, she gave it back to me.

“Do you think if he is alive, he would be looking for me? I asked, she looked at me.

“To be honest, I don’t know,” she said, hugging me one last time before getting up.

“Well I’m gonna go but I'll see you at dinner, okay” she said while opening the door walking out of my room.

“Ok” I mumbled, looking down at the file again and again.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading the first chapter of Nikki SIxx's Daughter [Rewritten]