2

Sarah's POV
24th July 2007

After a while, I went down for dinner.

I sat at the table quietly eating dinner, we got a meaty pizza and hawaiian pizza to share between us. Paul & James were talking about the football game from a few weeks ago. I felt really tired, I just wanted to sleep. 

“Sarah,” I heard someone say.

“Sorry, what did you say?" I asked looking up from my plate.

"Can we go out for a walk?” Paul wondered, taking a drink.

“Yeah sure” I replied, getting up and putting my empty plate in the sink. 

Shortly after dinner I went for a walk with Paul. Me and him were talking about going back to school in September and how I'm adopted and he always knew I was completely different to everyone in my family. I didn't mind us talking about this.

We went back home after an hour's walk, we just watched TV in the living room.

At 9pm I went to my room and my camera was off so I knew I turned it off before I left for the walk.

I was very bored but I kept going through my adoption papers and folder. Then I read a book until falling asleep.

25th July 2007

The next morning, we were packing for Donegal for a holiday we usually go there every summer. We were staying there for 2 weeks. We went to the beach a few times when it wasn't raining.

I would go to the pool in the hotel we stayed at. For the two weeks we were there all I can think about is my birth parents. I try to get them out of my head.

When we went home I wasn't even talking to my parents because it was awkward calling them mom and dad now that I know that they aren't my real parents they said they adopted me because they wanted another child because the doctors said that mom couldn't have any more children. They lived in California for 5 years before adopting me. A few months after the adoption, they moved back to Ireland.

Nikki’s POV 
25th July 2007

In Los Angeles

I've been trying to find my daughter for eleven years now after Megan's sister, Samantha, told me that Megan had a daughter called Sarah and that she is my daughter. I didn't believe her at all until she had a box of Megan's stuff. There were pictures of Sarah. She looks so much like me and she had these big green eyes that looked like they shine all the time, there was a birth certificate that didn't have the father on it so I was mad that she didn't tell me that she was pregnant knowing it would've ruined my marriage with Brandi but she could've told me. I knew Megan from the 80’s, she met Tommy first then me, Mick and Vince.  Megan died in a car crash, Sam said Sarah was with her and that she could’ve died. The social workers took Sarah away after the accident and couldn't find any other family members but Samantha, but she was unfit to care for her, she was alcoholic and she used a lot of drugs so Sarah was put in an adoption agency.

Samantha got clean and then she came to me and told me about Sarah but we tried. The adoption agency said it was too late Sarah was adopted but they couldn't give us information about them, because they wanted to prove that I was her father but I couldn’t. 

Sarah and my other daughter Storm were born in the same year. I remember that me and Brandi had a fight about something I don't remember. Then I ended up going to the bar getting drunk, then ending up sleeping with Megan and then she got pregnant and didn't tell me. I told Brandi about me and Megan, we tried to work it out but couldn't we ended up getting a divorce. and then I got married to Frankie's mom Donna, me and her is divorce now 

I won’t stop looking for her as long as I live. Yesterday was supposed to be her birthday. She is 13. 

I was at home, writing a song and my kids; Gunner, Storm, Decker and Frankie were with me for the week. Storm and Frankie were downstairs in the living room watching YouTube videos on my laptop, while Gunner and Decker were playing at the table beside me. 

“Whatcha watching?” Gunner asked, turning to his sisters.

“Covers,” Storm said, reaching for her cola. I finished writing and sat in between Storm and Frankie. They laid their heads on my arm.

Mama, take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore
It's gettin' dark, too dark to see
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Mama, put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore
That long black cloud is comin' down
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door

Looking at the laptop, I realized that the young girl on the screen looked familiar.

A while later Frankie was asleep while Storm was watching more videos. She clicked the channel she was watching and was about to watch another cover, until I took the laptop from her. I had a strange feeling about this girl.

“Hey” She whined. I looked at the screen ‘Sarah Martin’s Covers’ was the Youtube name. While I walked to the kitchen, I placed the laptop on the table and clicked the bio and read it. 

Hey all, I’m Sarah Martin, I do covers, love music and dogs, from Ireland :)

Contact if needed

Email: markeemartin6109@mail.com.
[a/n: not a real email]

I read it over and over again, she looked like me when I was her age. ‘Could she be my daughter?’ I went back to the living room to check on the kids, the girls were asleep on the couch and the boys were watching power rangers.

Going back into the kitchen, I rang Samantha and told her to look up the Youtube channel and ring back. I waited for a few minutes and my phone rang, I knew who it was straight away.

“Could it be her?”