Chapter 1~ What's make-up?!?!?

July 22, 2050.

Our acquaintance party before classes.

Night falls, and I tell my mom I'm going for the party.

Dad tells me to bring Lilac, my chihuahua, at the party.

I step into the gym. Whoah. So much for J-Pop, I say to myself.

Everyone else looks hot, awesome and cool. Except for me.

"Hey gurrl!" Isabel broke my silence after what seemed like eternity, if you ask her, as she came over with a glass of fruit juice and found me some Fish Fillet ala Niño.

"Whoah, what happened to you? You look bummed out." "Nothing, really." C'mon, I know something happened. TELL!!" Well, I was kind of forced to tell her.

So I did. "You really wanna know what's pushing me down?" She nodded cheerfully.

Her sapphire-colored eyes gleamed with eagerness as I munched down the fillet while telling her what really happened.

"So lemme get this straight, you saw Lucy with Jake at the party, and you were extremely sad?" I nodded in amazement on how she easily picks up and understands everything what I say.

A really great bestfriend.

She fluttered out words about her magnificent but what-I-would-never-do idea."You know what, Jennifer? You could use some make-over if you want him to notice you!" "WHAT?!?! No way! Ever!" I had to admit, it was a pretty good idea, but make-up? Who could imagine adding red dye in your lips and applying powdered, glittering dye on your face? I mean, what if that will not come off? Horrified, I whispered what I felt about it to Isabel, who was already getting her bag and on the phone to book some plastic surgery materials for me.

"Crap, Isabel, what are you doing?" "Booking tools to make you pretty, that's what! Oh, and don't worry, I know how to operate this.

My aunt is a plastic surgeon, my mom is a cosmetologist, and my sis is a dermatologist, remember??" Ten minutes later, we were at her aunt's clinic, and I had to stop from moving because, I HATE MAKE-OVERS AND THINGS PUT ON MY FACE.

Seriously. And, worse, Isabel ruined my wardrobe by adding dresses of all kinds! Dang it! After twenty minutes (add 10 minutes for my struggling, so make that thirty.), I had that weird, cold feeling. "Jennifer, presenting what I've done to you!" I took a deep breath as if a diver about to plunge into deep waters and faced the mirror. "CRAAAAP!!!! This is not me!!!!!! I-S-A-B-E-L!!!" "Jennifer, a little advice.

From now on, you will be called Jenny Castillo, a new identity, from the Philippines, a Marist School exchange student. Now, go knock 'em boys dead with your beauty.

Strut all you got, Jennifer, 'cuz this 'aint permanent. Mwahh!" She kissed me goodbye as I reached for the doorknob.

But I knew I was missing something.

"Isabel." "Yow??" "I. Need. My. Glasses." I couldn't resist telling her.

"What? No. You'll look prettier withou 'em. Here, contact lenses will do the trick." I thanked her and left.

The next day, Jenny heard about a party exclusive only for not-dorks-and-geeks, which meant only the prettiest faces, the handsome faces and the cute faces were allowed in the party. And then sudennly, an idea popped into her mind and a plan was under way.