New York, New York, It's A Wonderful Town

A/n: Okay now this story is officially published. I apologise for the confusion the two times you saw a notification for this story's update, but it's not my fault the publish and save buttons are right next to each other. There should at least be a 'confirm publish?' thingo if you're actually going to publish, that way there's no issue of publishing an incomplete story. 

The trip to New York concluded a few hours later than expected due to turbulence and slight equipment issues. Until the plane (Y/n) and Jennifer were on safely reached its destination, both they and passengers alike were relieved to disembark the vessel. Nobody got carried away when the She-Hulk was spotted weaving her way through airport security. 

Some took photos of the seven foot woman from a reasonable distance whilst she and her boyfriend took no bother in regarding other travellers. Eventually, they were out of the airport and in a rented car that would take them to their destination. 

The splendour of driving through a city like New York would bustle with road rage and thieves and places worth seeing such as the Avengers Mansion. (Y/n) felt thrilled, like a young boy being rewarded with chocolate, to be visiting such a place. 

Even though Jennifer could not share the same energy as him, she was equally excited in her own way. Upon arrival outside the Avengers Mansion, Jennifer and (Y/n) stood outside the front gates as they took in the Mansion itself.

"Can't believe this is finally happening." (Y/n) said giddily.

"You seem thrilled to be meeting your favourite superheroes." Jennifer commented.

"Oh, we all know that Iron Man is the superior hero. But, I can't help but wonder how that tiny head of his fits in that helmet."

Jennifer giggled. "And yet you fancy yourself a practitioner of the mystical arts."

"What, making a coin appear from behind your ear or making a ball appear in my mouth instead of my hand suddenly classifies me as Sorcerer Supreme? C'mon, sweetheart. You and I both know who ranks supreme in regards to who tops as my favourite superhero. It's you." 

Jennifer blushed at his comment when the front door to the mansion opened, from where a man well in his sixties appeared to greet them by opening the gate for them. The man was neither pleased nor disappointed through the facial expression he portrayed towards Jennifer, as if he were used to the unusual.

"Welcome, Miss Walters, Mr Peregrine," said the butler. "It is a pleasure to have you here at the mansion. It is always delightful to see new faces. My name is Edwin Jarvis, the butler, at your service. Please, do come in."

The young couple greeted Jarvis with the same delightful acknowledgement as the balding man walked in front of them for the front door of the mansion that he opened to let them in before closing the door behind him. Their accommodation, they were shown as (Y/n) and Jennifer found themselves taken away at the interior of the mansion.

There, the pair settled in their room with the notice from Edwin to ring for him should his services be required. In the privacy of their room, Jennifer laughed heartily as she jumped on the bed on her back before (Y/n) did the same and snuggled in her arms. Jennifer lightly moaned as she cuddled up with her boyfriend whom she found herself hopelessly bound to love with.

"I ever tell you how much I love you? I only ask because I keep wondering if its true." (Y/n) whispered.

"Is what true?" Jennifer grinned.

"That you were an angel who fell down from heaven? Because, baby, there must really be a God."

The two laughed in unison. Pressing their lips together, they made out passionately as they both raised a hand to each other's cheek when Jennifer found herself making her way for an organ when (Y/n)'s hand slithered in between her legs. On hitched breath, Jennifer panted in a high-pitched voice to (Y/n)'s satisfaction as well as her crying his name.

Both were quick to compose themselves when a knock at the door interrupted their moment. At the door, appeared a man with dirty-blonde hair in a sweatshirt with a purple towel hanging from the back of his neck. He seemed a bit surprised when he looked at Jennifer but remained composed.

"You're up." The man said bluntly, pointing at Jennifer. "Who's he?"

"My boyfriend. There's not a problem with him tagging along, is there?" Jennifer replied stiffly.

The man paused before tipping his head up, calling them both to follow him. To a hidden elevator, the trio descended passed by levels of the mansion's extensions to approximately the fifth floor below the surface, to a corridor with five rooms in the hall.

The room at the end of the hall was already occupied by a man sitting behind a desk, writing something on a piece of paper that seemed to require his signature. When he heard the door click open, his attention was instantly drawn to his guests as a relieved expression was posed on his face, like he was given a break from the work that seemed to stress him. 

"Hello, Jennifer. And you must be (Y/n)." The man with brown hair and round glasses addressed his company warmly. 

"Hey, cousin. I'm so glad to see you again." Jennifer replied with a false sweetness and gave her relative a bear hug that lifted him off his feet as she whispered in his ear. "You and I are gonna have a talk about this later, Bruce." 

Bruce chuckled nervously as his hand reached to the back of his head to rub it as his cousin's unrelenting stare made him all the more timid being in her company now that he saw her as the female form of the Hulk, yet with more control and intellectuality than his counterpart. As for (Y/n), he was pleased to finally meet the man dating his cousin. 

To say the least, he wasn't the threatening type but of course he felt the need to warn her boyfriend of the terrible outcome should he break her heart, which would involved being broken himself physically. With that aside, the three sat at Bruce's desk where they conversed about how they all had proceeded through life thus far. 

Context from Bruce provided details of what working with the team would entail as well as expected duties and such. As of today, Jennifer Walters was officially apart of the Avengers, whereas (Y/n) would become the Avengers' envoy in all matters diplomacy after hearing about his feelings towards equality with humans, non-humans and people with special powers alike. 

At least now, (Y/n) had a perfect reason to work so closely to his girlfriend, whom he had the pondering thought of upgrading their relationship status through the perfect ring that would fit his beloved Jennifer.