The End ?

Five days later...

Little remained of the world after Ultron eliminated eighty eight percent of the entire population. While the rest of the world was affected in the same way, it was up to the surviving heroes who saw their friends get slaughtered and plan a counter-attack. The only question was... how were they going to do it? 

The surviving heroes of Earth knew nothing about Ultron except that he was the creation of the late Avenger, Hank Pym. Everyone was broken in their own way; most of whom struggled to find the motivation for to scout for supplies to keep themselves and others alive. The purpose for the lack of action on the heroes' part was a result of no plan to scheme a reprisal. 

Until now. After a lucky rescue mission, the Spider-Man had been rescued by fellow Avenger, Hawkeye. While others argued over what Spider-Man had learnt about their enemy, Jennifer and Steve grovelled. A revelation came to light that Ultron had offered sanctuary with criminals and lowlives, to the disgust of the heroes. 

"So let's say he won..." Clint groaned as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "And can I say, screw Hank Pym for inventing Ultron in the first place?" 

"It's not his fault." Tony disagreed. 

"What?! It's not Hank Pym's fault for creating Ultron? Whose is it then? It's not my fault. It's not his fault. It ain't her fault. Whose fault do we think it--" 

"Okay, okay." 

"I don't get you at all, Stark. I go out to save Spidey's butt, but you all act like shit in the pool! Pym invents the thing that shuts down the world. Does all this, and you're all, 'Well he didn't mean it.' " 

"None of that matters now!" Steve Rogers boomed. "It's time to make a plan. If the robot is buying and trading for guys like us, let's sell him one of us." 

Out of everybody who volunteered to go, Luke Cage raised his hand at the same time Jennifer did. The other heroes looked at her in concern as her loss weighed so heavily on her that it caused her to reform to being human again. 

"Let me do it... please..." Jennifer requested, practically begging knowing exactly what she had intended. 

"Jennifer. Are you sure you want to do this?" Luke asked caringly and placed a hand on her shoulder. 

Without a verbal answer, Jennifer shifted back into her She-Hulk form and gave a confident nod his way. 

"... do we go?" 

"The mutate village in the Savage Lands. There will hopefully be enough vegetation and supplies to get us back on our feet." 

"If there still is a Savage Land." 

"She-Hulk. Are you ready?" 

Jennifer sighed. "I am." 

Once things were organised, everyone underwent their duties. Jennifer and Luke made their way to the surface where they knew a lack of Ultron patrols wouldn't dare find them. As buildings began to crumble due to the weakness in the foundation, Luke punched Jennifer in the face which rendered her unconscious for the time being. 

Luke hauled She-Hulk along the once bustling streets of New York City to the Ultron citadel based in that part of the world. An hour came to pass until a patrol picked up a survivor carrying a body where Luke proposed a deal with Ultron Prime. Another thirty minutes followed with Luke being escorted under heavy pressure by those who killed his friends and family. 

Upon arrival to the citadel, Luke found himself walking along a walkway towards a being whose body was half missing with only the upper portion still animated. Only as he got closer that he discovered just whom was in control all along. It came as a shock when he identified the true culprit behind the slaughter of a majority of the entire population. The Vision. 

"Oh God... It's, it's not Ultron." Luke murmured to himself. 

"Luke Cage. What do you offer?" The former Avenger questioned monotonously. 

"Vision. Hey, you! Vision! You hearin' me?! I-I want to talk to Ultron." 

"Luke Cage, what dooo yooou have to offffffer?" 

"Am I talking to you? Did you do this? Who am I talking to?" 

"Ultron can hear you. Ultron can see you." 

"Yeah? Where is he? Uh, hello?" 

"HE CONTROLS FROM THE FUTURE! HE WATCHES AND CONTROLS US FROM THE FUTUAAGGH! AAARRGGHH!!" 

Luke stood in shock at this revelation as the Vision continued to question what Luke had to offer. It was at that moment when Jennifer regained consciousness and claimed how much she heard before using her strength to throw Luke out of the citadel. All her strength she used to ensure his escape as she sacrificed herself. 

Though Jennifer managed to put up a fight, she was humiliatingly outnumbered as a single laser was blasted through her cranium. From one world to another, Jennifer found herself lying on the ground and sat upright when she noticed two silhouettes before her. The setting of the environment was blue mixed with white clouds while the ground she sat on was soft and fluffy. 

"Jenny... Jenny... You're home, honey. You're home. Welcome home, my love." A male angelic voice echoed. 

"(Y/n/n)?" The green-haired woman muttered weepily. 

"You're home, Jenny. We've been waiting for you, Jenny." 

Tears formed in her eyes as she approached the two silhouettes where she was able to lay her eyes on their features and distinguished them both as her (Y/n) and a young daughter that she assumed was her Elaine. 

"Oh my God... I, I've missed you both terribly. Oh my God, oh my God..." 

(Y/n) smiled warmly at his wife and approached his wife to pull her into a hug. The embrace was warm and tender as if they were both still alive. The moment was interrupted when (Y/n) pulled away and stared at his wife deeply into her very soul with a complete change in attitude. 

"You gotta wake up. Wake up, Jennifer. Wake up! WAKE UP!!" 

A second time, Jennifer shot upright like a vampire and gasped deeply as if she'd been drowning. There was some shuffling beside her when she noticed (Y/n) wake up from his nap and instantly came to her aid. (Y/n) wrapped one arm across her back and placed the other on her bicep and gave her a gentle squeeze. 

"What's wrong, honey? C'mon, baby. Talk to me. Talk to your (Y/n/n)." (Y/n) cooed as he gave light pecks on her cheek with his lips. 

Jennifer was at a loss for words as everything vanished into oblivion with not a single trace to put her finger on. Jennifer finally dismissed the strange tingling in the back of her mind dissipated. 

"I-I-I-I don't know. I, I think I was just having a bad dream." 

"Everything's alright now, right?" 

"Yeah..." 

"C'mere." 

The pair laid back down on the bed where Jennifer rested her head on his chest comfortably as the comfort he provided lulled Jennifer into a state of security and tranquillity for them to sleep the rest of the night off.