𝗢𝟴. going m.i.a

CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8.

GOING M.I.A

not proofread :pcomment! don't be a silent reader :))

not proofread :p
comment! don't be a silent reader :))

not proofread :pcomment! don't be a silent reader :))

ambrie would lie awake all night, watching the text message notifications fill up her lock screen with messages she refused to answer

ambrie would lie awake all night, watching the text message notifications fill up her lock screen with messages she refused to answer. slight sniffles could be heard from the other side of her bedroom door if you really tried to listen.

incoming message! — 4:09 AM
karl
brie please i'm sorry

incoming message! — 4:09 AM
karl
please just let me explain

incoming message! — 4:10 AM
karl
ambrie. please just answer my text

incoming message! — 4:11 AM
karl
please let me know you're okay

incoming message! — 4:15 AM
karl
brie please. i'm begging you to just answer my texts. let me explain everything. i know you're awake & reading these.

incoming message! — 4:47 AM
karl
please.

karl was also awake in his bed. he was pretty much in the same situation as ambrie, slight sniffles being heard from his room. the only difference is he was the one who was lighting up brie's lock screen.

brie had decided that she was going to go m.i.a from everyone. family, friends, whatever category karl fell under, everyone. it was kind of an impulsive decision, and she didn't know where she was going to go or for how long. she just wanted to go away.

ambrie got up out of her bed & grabbed an old backpack of hers. she cleared it out of all of the junk inside, gum wrappers, old chapstick, empty hand sanitizer bottles, and loose tylenol pills. she also found some extra cash & change, which she kept in the bag. she loaded the backpack with a few changes of clothes, her portable charger, toothbrush, hairbrush, cash, and anything else she could've thought of bringing with her. she quietly changed into one of karl's sweatshirts that she had kept from the time they were together. it surprisingly still smelled like him, his signature scent of a mixture of cedar wood and baby powder. she threw on a pair of under armor shorts as well.

and then she was off to who knows where. maybe she would call someone up, or maybe she would just stay in some sort of hotel away from everyone.

a few hours of walking later, it was now starting to become daylight. ambrie looked around to see where she was. she saw that she was in a small town. only a little coffee shop, a corner store, and a few small homes in sight. she decided to stop at the café to get a coffee and maybe something to eat. she walked up to the door, seeing the open sign, and walked inside the building.

"hi can i get a..." she looked at the menu. "small iced coffee with cream and sugar and a bagel with peanut butter & granola please?" ambrie paid for her meal and sat down at a small table for one to eat it.  she got on her phone and saw that she had more messages from karl.

new message! — 7:26 AM
karl
brie please. i haven't slept one but thinking about how i hurt you. i didn't mean to

new message! — 7:31 AM
karl
just please let me explain

new message — 7:46 AM
karl
can you meet me in the park at 10? just let me explain everything?

she sighed at the messages, knowing he wasn't going to stop any time soon. she quickly finished eating before getting up and leaving to find somewhere to stay.

she walked for another couple of hours and before ambrie knew it, she found herself at a motel. she walked in and went to the front desk. ambrie was greeted by a man who looked around her age, maybe a little older.

"hi, how much is a room?" she asked the man, who began typing at his computer.

"forty-four dollars a night," he replied. ambrie sighed, looking in her bag at the amount of money she had. seventy dollars. she couldn't afford to stay the few nights she planned on.

"is there any way it could be less? i'm kind of low on money at the moment," she asked, a pleading look in her eyes. the guy looked her up and down before nodding with a smirk.

"yeah, the lowest i could probably do is twenty-five a night for a girl like you," he said, watching the relief pour into her face. "deal?"

ambrie nodded, handing him fifty dollars. "two nights please." the guy took the money in exchange for a key to her room. room 108.

"thank you so so much.." she looked at his little name tag. "jonathan." he just nodded before watching her walk away to her room.

AUTHOR SPEAKS! ◡̈ hi hi i don't trust jonathan D:

AUTHOR SPEAKS! ◡̈
hi hi i don't trust jonathan D:

anyways this story hit 2k! that's insane i literally got emotional earlier when i found out. thank you so much for the support on this book <3

also i might not update for this week & if i do it might not be much. i have a long week at school full of testing :((

have an amazing day/night, week, everything! love u so much & pls pls pls eat something & drink some water! <3