Pandora

Thoughts
Na'Vi
Norwegian

Life isn't eternal... It's slow moving, mostly lonely, and corrupt. Pandora... it's a place where life is young. It won't be corrupted soon.

I wake up from cyro, my black hair floating in front of my face. The cyro chamber opens, sliding me out. A nurse unstraps me, allowing me to float to my locker. I grab my bag and head to the changing room. I change out of the thin clothes that is equivalent to what you'd wear in a hospital. I change into a black t-shirt and dark grey camo pants. I also put on my combat boots before heading to the shuttle. I sit next to a guy whose legs are extremely thin, as if he doesn't use them. I follow the instructions of the supervisor, who knows the most about Pandora out of anyone in the shuttle. 

When allowed, I stand. The man next to me doesn't stand, furthering my suspicion of him being paralyzed. When the door is opened, I walk when everyone else jogs. I make my way to where the rest of the members of the avatar program are. I meet up with Norm, meeting the paralyzed man named Jake. We socialize as we go to see our avatars, me fiddling with an earring which hangs from my left ear. The pendant on the earring is a sword, a gift from home.

When I see my avatar, my eyes widen. According to Max, my avatar is about a foot taller than the normal avatar. My avatar is thin yet muscular, his blue skin a wonderful blend of dark on top to light on bottom, with pale stripes all over. His facial structure is the same as mine, with a narrow face, high and defined cheekbones, thin mouth, and a thin nose. He kind of looks feminine with that face. I am drawn away from my avatar by a yell. I follow Max to see Grace.

"This is even better than I imagined," I speak in Norwegian, keeping my volume soft.

"These are Norm Spellman, Nike Nikias, and Jake Sully," Max introduces us. Grace looks at us, her green eyes meeting my bright blue eyes for a moment before she continued her gaze.

"Norm, Nike, I've heard great things from you. How's your Na'Vi?" Grace speaks. I let Norm speak before me.

"I have much to learn, but I believe it is okay," I speak softly, my Norwegian accent pulling through and making it sound like I perfected the accent.

"Unless that is your Norwegian accent pulling through, you've got the accent down," Grace compliments. I smile at her words before I go back to fiddling with my earring.

The next day, we are getting set up in our link chambers. I am getting settled into the linking pod I was assigned to a few minutes before the rest since I was early and my avatar had gotten out first, along with my avatar being taller than normal leading to more time needed to adapt to the difference.

Waking up in my avatar, I sit up. The nurses look tiny in my view, I notice as I raise my hands to flex my now blue fingers. The nurses watch as I go through their tests without instruction, allowing them to speed up the process of the physical tests. And soon, I am clothed right as Jake is waking up. I'm allowed to explore, so I leave and look around at the new environment I am in. I see a blue blur and recognize that it is Jake. I chase after him, knowing that there is no way for him to be done with the tests.

"Jake!" I call after him, dodging and weaving around various things such as rocks, robots, and other avatars. When I catch up to him, he is feeling dirt between his toes. I look up, sensing someone's approach. I look up to see Grace in her avatar body. She throws us some fruit, which both Jake and I catch. I frown at the fruit, knowing that even in this body, I won't be able to taste it.

"What's wrong, Nike?" Grace asks me. I shift my gaze to her. "Don't you like fruit?"

"I can't taste what I eat, so texture is what matters to me," I respond before I bite the fruit. The juice covers my chin as I pull away, feeling the soft texture of the fruit in my mouth. It's tasteless, as I expected. I decide that I like the texture and continue eating the fruit until it is gone. "It's genetic, in my family, so I won't be able to enjoy the foods other people like for the same reasons they do."

"I see," Grace responds. The day continues, ending with everyone in a cabin to sleep. I am quick to sleep, waking up in my human body soon after.

The next day, I'm in my avatar body, the same with Jake, Grace, and Norm. I look out at the plant life of Pandora, smiling at the life I see. It isn't corrupted. It's pure and free. We land and I am second to get off, not forgetting my pack. I have a sword on me for defense if needed, but it is wooden since I don't approve of killing without true reason. You can kill anything and say it was in self defense. It isn't a true reason.

About ten minutes later, Jake wanders off and I follow behind to make sure he doesn't get hurt. A minute later, we are being chased by an angry Thanator. I take paths different from Jake, yet I stay near him. When I see him jump into the pool of water, I follow. I swim after him, panting from the running. I'm tired, but I have to put my avatar in a safe place. I follow Jake silently, squeezing water out of my clothes as I do. When night starts to fall, Jake starts making a fire.

"Jake, don't do that. You'll attract them to us," I hiss at the idiot. Jake doesn't hear me or doesn't care since he lights the branch he found. I hiss as some dog-like animals start attacking us, all making yelps and other sounds. I fight them off without killing them. Soon a female Na'vi joins in, swinging her bow to scare them off. I'm lucky; only a few were interested in attacking me so I didn't have to hurt many of them and I wasn't that hurt.

I ignore Jake as he drags me after the woman. My mind blanks out as he drags me. I'm still in my avatar body, but not focused. I suddenly focus when Jake falls. I don't follow him, bracing myself against the rope that wrapped around my ankles. I unwrap the rope from my ankles before following the female down to where Jake fell. My ears twitch as a bow is pointed at me. I don't openly react to it other than lowering my head slightly. The female manages to talk down the warrior and instead of being shot, Jake and I are being led somewhere. This time, I don't blank out. The ones leading us are the Na'Vi. I can't blank out when the ones who I respect the most are taking me somewhere. As we travel, I admire the scenery without the Na'Vi behind me killing me.