Na'Vi Tribe

Thoughts
Na'Vi
Norwegian

Life is going to be corrupted eventually. Yet Pandora has existed for hundreds of years and is only now starting to be corrupted. Are humans in general corrupted? Is corruption a disease that humans spread?

I see a large tree ahead of us and I lower my head slightly. Jake and Grace had told me that my avatar's eyes are bright blue, a color that no native has for eyes, so I do my best to hide my eyes. That, and I am taller than I should be. I stop when I am allowed to, keeping my head tilted down slightly and my gaze on the grass in front of me. A male Na'vi speaks, though I don't latch onto what he is saying. Then a powerful female voice stops the male's voice and I risk a glance up as a female Na'vi descends from stairs.

"Who are the two of you?" the woman asks Jake and I. Jake seems more inclined to answer then I am so I return my gaze to the ground in front of me.

"Jake sully," Jake answers her question, making her turn her gaze to me. I shut my eyes for a moment.

"Nike," I answer her question with my eyes closed, not needing to see her reaction to my eyes. When I sense her move away, I open my eyes slightly.

"Why are you here?" she asks us. Jake is about to answer when she gets close to me again. "And why do you keep averting your eyes from me?"

"I don't like my eyes... As for why I am here, Jake dragged me along following someone when I was perfectly fine standing near animals that didn't need to die," I target the last part at Jake, who was perfectly content to kill the animals.

"They were trying to kill us, Nike!" Jake yells at me. I bare my teeth at him, my eyes narrowed. "What? You know it's true!"

"You're blind, Jake. Those animals were trying to survive, and your dumb face can't realize that, Jake," I sigh. "I was born to late to see the life before... I'm not going to let corruption spread to this world, Jake," I go to leave so the Na'vi aren't bothered by my presence, but the woman stops me.

"You can stay," she tells me, then looks at Jake. I make sure to keep my eyes away from her and the clan as she awaits Jake's response to her question.

"I'm a marine... A warrior of the Jarhead clan," Jake answers her question. "I've come here to learn."

"We've tried to teach the sky people, but it is very hard to add to an already full cup," she responds. She then turns to me and I find myself meeting her gaze for the first time. She shows no reaction to my eyes. "Tsu'tey will teach you the ways of our clan. Seeing how strong your beliefs about protecting the world are, I believe that it will be an easy task for you."

The mentioned Na'vi scoffs at me, openly glaring. I ignore it in favor of what Jake's response to her words are.

"My cup is empty. Ask Dr. Augustine and Nike. They'll tell you the same," Jake meets her gaze. She nods before turning to the woman that Jake followed.

"My daughter, Neytiri, will teach you, Jakesully. Then we'll see if your insanity can be cured," she announces. Jake and I are soon taken to get changed. I quickly change into the clothes provided, glad to be in less restrictive clothing. I emerge from the changing area to see Tsu'tey scowling at me. Neytiri is waiting nearby, and I bow my head slightly as I pass her. 

Tsu'tey wordlessly leads me to where the meal is being held and I follow him through the crowd. I settle in a few feet away from him, letting him have personal space. He hands me what is equivalent to a plate with some food on it. I hide my frown and take a bite from the food. My eyes widen slightly when I taste the food. I wasn't able to taste anything before and now... It's definitely genetic, seeing as I wasn't able to taste before and I am able to now. I continue eating, my posture slightly more relaxed than it has been since we woke from being frozen in sleep. Tsu'tey moves closer to me, offering me some more food.

"Eat. You'll need it for training," Tsu'tey speaks when I shake my head at his offer. I look at the food, then at the ground in front of me. The peaceful chatter of the clearing is broken by Jake. I mumble curses in Norwegian as he gets closer to us, my words stopping when he plops down next to me. I smack his head lightly when he is fully settled.

"You could have been silent about your entrance and not have drawn attention to yourself, yet you went and made a fool out of yourself," I growl at Jake, shifting closer to Tsu'tey in my annoyance.

"How does the food taste, Nike?" Jake has a smug grin on his face. Tsu'tey looks at me with slight confusion.

"Jake, do you want me to mention that those legs of yours on your other body don't work? Stop mentioning that my genetics make it so I can't taste things," I huff. Right as I finished speaking, Tsu'tey managed to put some food in my mouth. I turn to him, a blank look on my face before I sigh and eat the offered food. He does a mini victory dance before he continues eating as if he did nothing.

"Then why do you eat?" Jake asks a pointless question. I sigh before setting the food back on Tsu'tey's leaf plate. I don't answer Jake's question as I scowl at the flames in front of me. Tsu'tey finishes eating and starts leading me somewhere.

"What do you mean by being unable to taste things?" Tsu'tey asks me quietly as I follow him up a spiral staircase within the tree. I look at him, silent. "If it isn't something you want to talk about-"

"I was born without the ability to taste... yet when I was eating just now... I was able to taste the food. I'm not sure why, but this adds to why I don't want the corruption to spread to this word," I follow Tsu'tey onto a branch where there appears to be hammocks below. I watch him get into his then copy his actions, quickly falling asleep.

I wake up with a rush, sitting up as soon as I am able to and trying to get my eyes to focus. I can hear Grace, Norm, and Max asking me questions, but I can't answer them at the moment. Jake's pod soon opens up and they all rush to swarm him with questions. My mind finally processes what happened.

"We're at home tree... We're with the Na'vi," I whisper as Jake announces it. Grace and the others stare at us with extreme shock.