• 3 •

~•~

~•~

"Persephone Clarke, Severus Snape, and Lily Evans" Murmured a disappointed Minerva McGonagall. "Three very bright students, I am very discontent with the news I have just heard."
Persephone stepped forward, a confused look upon her face, "What do you mean Professor? What have we done? We have just gotten back from Hogsmeade where-"
"Four people whose names do not need to be known, have disclosed that you three were the reason for the fight that had occurred within Hogsmeade today which have been reported by many witnesses!" McGonagall proceeded, "Now, because of this being the only report of who the perpetrators were, I will only see it fit that all three of you get detention!"

"Professor, that isn't fair, we-" Lily tried to explain, but was stopped by the Professor's hand in the air.
"None of that, now, all three of you will be assisting Professor Slughorn for detention for the next week after dinner." McGonagall then sauntered away, her robes bellowing behind her as the three students looked on angrily.

"That bloody git! I'll kill him!" Persephone exclaimed, her hair once again turning to flaming red.
"Now now, Sephie. We don't want to make any brash decisions do we?" Sirius smirked, coming out from behind a column. James followed, with Remus and Peter in tow.

"James..." Lily muttered, looking down disappointedly.
James went to talk, but Sirius silenced him with a look.
Lily gave a cold glare, folding her arms and turning her face away, while James had held his head down.

"This has nothing to do with you Sephie, it was only a little prank to get back at Severus." Sirius joked, a grin wide on his face. Peter chortled in return, behind him.
Persephone glared, but regained herself to a more proper posture. "Sirius, you have broken Severus' nose, and now think it is ok to get us in trouble for something you started?"
Sirius laughed, "Mhm! I hope you like scrubbing cauldrons for the rest of the week."
Persephone's hair almost turned red again, but she took a deep breath for it to turn a deep auburn.

"I will not tolerate any of this... childish behavior. And, as for now, until you come clean, I will not be tutoring any of you lot!" Persephone declared, "Now, come on Severus, let me take you to Madam Pomfrey."
Persephone put a caring hand on Severus' shoulder, which caused an eye twitch from Sirius behind them.

The both of them made their way to the Hospital Wing, silent amongst each other until Severus had decided to speak up.
"Thank you for taking care of me..." He had muttered under his breath, his usual dreary behavior slowly fading as it shown a thankful young man with an - even more crooked than usual - nose.
"It's no problem... I took the opportunity and ran with it." Persephone responded, stopping for a bit to think, then continued, "Also, what was that voice inside my head exactly? I had no clue you have been taught Legilimency?"
"I taught it to myself." Severus managed a tiny smirk, his eyes slowly starting to glow from the excitement of finally sharing his found gift to someone else.
"You truly must be a very talented wizard to teach yourself. You'll have to teach me sometime, for all my time you have wasted with studying." She paused, "And for invading my brain earlier."