1

18+ warning (torture, violence)

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

October 1945

The excruciating pain coursed through her entire body, a result of the merciless beatings inflicted by German soldiers who sought revenge for her unwitting interference with their espionage plans against American forces. Asena had stumbled upon them by chance while visiting the infirmary to check on wounded comrades. The camp lay shrouded in slumber, save for the vigilant few patrolling its perimeter. As she made her way to the infirmary, she overheard German soldiers masquerading as Americans, communicating covertly in their native tongue via a concealed radio. She froze in her tracks, eyes widening with terror at the revelation. She yearned to rush and warn Bucky and the others, but her intentions were cut short when she collided with an imposing figure.

When she turned to face him, all she glimpsed was a towering man, forcing her to crane her neck just to meet his gaze before darkness descended upon her, a sack enveloping her head and a painful blow rendering her unconscious.

Upon regaining consciousness, Asena found herself confined within a cramped chamber, encircled by numerous men stationed at every corner, prepared to thwart any escape attempt. However, given her battered state and her head being plunged into a frigid water drum, they momentarily retreated, their watchful eyes remaining fixed upon her.

Asena's eyes welled with hot tears as her head was yanked from the water's embrace. Her vision blurred, and the water in her ears muffled the German soldier's question spat in her face. Despite the garbled words, she comprehended their inquiry. Yet, no matter how earnestly she replied with the truth, they persisted in tormenting her as if compelling her to confess to a different narrative.

Before she could gasp for air, her head was once more submerged in the icy water. Her lungs burned, aching for oxygen. Desperately, she clutched the drum's edge, attempting to free her head, but the man restraining her firmly pressed his other hand atop her head, holding her in place.

As her head resurfaced, she expelled the water that had infiltrated her mouth and screamed for help.

Irritated by her cries, the man holding her tossed her onto the damp floor, her chest colliding brutally with the wet cement, expelling what little air remained in her lungs. Despite the agony coursing through her body, Asena managed to sit upright, hugging herself tightly to preserve warmth. Her arms encircled her chest as her garments adhered to her chilled skin.

She tilted her head upward, meeting the unyielding gazes of her captors, swallowing hard before she rasped out a plea. Her throat had become raw from screaming, and tears continued to cascade from her eyes as she implored, "Please...please let me go..."

She awaited a response from the soldiers, yet none exhibited even a trace of sympathy for the brunette. They maintained their unyielding stares, causing her to clutch herself even tighter. She prayed that the torment would cease here, for she could endure no more. She was prepared to do anything to secure her release, but judging by their demeanor, Asena suspected her stay in this mysterious place would be a protracted one.