✧6✧

Despite your desire to see your "neighbor" once again, you made no attempts to seek him out yourself. After all, he had appeared before you of his own will several times now, so you simply assumed it was well on its way to becoming a daily occurrence. He'd pop up again sooner or later, right?

Unfortunately, this wasn't the case. The night passed without intervention from the strange clown, and the following day bore no sign of him either. You kept yourself on your toes at all times, checking places that would realistically never harbor a 6 foot tall clown, thus making it all the more likely that he would present himself there. He always seemed to appear in the weirdest, most unconventional places.

Sadly, the following night remained devoid of any unusual encounters. No clown, no balloons, not even the lingering scent of popcorn and cotton candy. To be entirely honest, you were beginning to feel a little disappointed.

By the third day of Pennywise's absence, you were growing restless. Perhaps it was partly your fault for assuming you wouldn't have to put in the effort. Around mid-afternoon, you fished your flashlight from your nightstand drawer and headed downstairs with a look of determination on your face. You had become impatient, and would take the initiative in meeting up with your basement-dwelling neighbor this time.

There was no point in turning the lights on in the basement, at least not yet; some of the bulbs down there had shattered, and what your flashlight provided was ultimately better. You were only going to be looking in one spot, anyways. Standing before the now familiar stone well, you aimed your bright stream of light at it, once again mildly disappointed by the fact that there was nothing unusual regarding its appearance. No blood, nothing amiss. There was no telling if the guy would even be here. Cautiously, you approached it, taking note of the fact that this was the first time you had gotten so close to it since meeting Pennywise. You had made sure to keep your distance before, when you were still distrustful. You didn't exactly trust him now, but if he had ill intentions, wouldn't they have made themselves clear already? A small sliver of uncertainty passed through your gut, and you stopped an inch from the well.

Gently, you placed one hand on the stony rim, peering over the edge to see if you could make out anything within. It was dark as the void and silent as death. You were moving to shine your flashlight inside when it happened; pristinely white, gloved hands shot out from the dark, easily latching onto the front of your shirt and yanking with an unexpected force. Your flashlight left your hand, but you were unable to hear it clatter to the floor as you were harshly pulled over the edge, your vision greeted with nothing but pure blackness beyond the hands reeling you in. You had no time to act or think, and it was only mere seconds later that you felt an impact that sent sharp pain rocketing through your body. You had no idea how this could be possible, as the well had appeared bottomless to you before, but it wasn't long before further pain silenced your thoughts. It was quick and piercing, ultimately dimming your consciousness as your body was pushed and pulled to god knows where.

Within moments, you had passed out.