02

memories
::

memories ::

y/n's pov

"i'm going for a walk again!," i slid my coat on and yelled at the front door.

"what time will you come home this time?," my aunt
asked me with a worried expression.

"depends.. i'm going now!," i said excitedly while walking out and shoved my hands in my pockets. the cold breeze hit my skin immediately and made me shiver all throughout my body. it was about 8 pm and i usually took my walks earlier but i had homework to do since i was asleep in class.. again. i walked along the side of the road and made my way towards the park where i would usually hang out at.

a couple of minutes pass and i finally arrived at my destination. the night sky was shining onto the metal bars of the benches that stood along the pavement of the playground. i walked over to the swings and sat in one of them. i swayed myself just a tad bit because of the wind being so cold. i looked up at the beautiful night sky and began being lost in my thoughts again.

once i snapped back to reality, i realized i have been here for just a few minutes. i would love to stay longer but the cold air kept gusting towards me and making me shiver. i got up from the swing and walked towards my way home. i took a few steps but suddenly heard something screech. i turned my head and saw the swing that i was sitting on swinging back and forth. i looked at it confused and surprised and decided to go back towards it.

as i kept getting closer, the swing were getting more powerful and forceful. this could just be the wind.. right? i thought to myself. i slowly took my hands out of my pockets and reached for the swing. once it met my hand, i gripped it and it felt like nothing was wrong. i let go of it and let it swing back. after it stopped swaying, i was even more confused.

i stepped off of the playground and heard the same screech again. i turned my head and this time saw nothing happening. i got a bit scared so i kept walking towards home. on the way, the same exact noises were banging in my ears. i tried covering them but still heard it.

i got to my street and i'm guessing it's now after midnight because there were no lights on in anyone's homes. i walked along the sidewalk and saw something in the distance. i stopped walking and looked carefully but couldn't manage to adjust my eye sight. suddenly, the lamp post i was under started to flicker and my gaze went up to it. i looked at it for a second then stared back at the figure only to find it not there. i started to get creeped out so i walked even faster this time.

i stepped onto my driveway and looked around if anyone was following me. no one. i made my way to unlock the front door but realized i forgot my key.