03

beliefs
::

i recommend listening to "hey kids" by molina ft

i recommend listening to "hey kids" by molina ft. late verlane slowed and on loop :)

megumi's pov

"i believe you,"

i saw y/n's head lift up from her sight of her lap and her e/c eyes stared at me in shock from my remark.

"if megumi believes you.. i believe you," yuuji spoke with a smile and gave a thumbs up. "nobara?,"she didn't say anything but kept silent.

"again.. it's fine if you don't," y/n's hands swayed in front of her and had a small, kind smile on.

"i'll believe you.. only if you tell me what it looks like," nobara made her way and sat down next to her. y/n's face widened and scared at the statement.

"i can't explain it..," her head slowly made its way down and i noticed that her fists clenched with her knuckles being pale and veins popping out.

"i see," was all nobara said.

"cmon, let's keep moving. maybe we'll find a road or path nearby," junpei got up and slid on a backpack onto his back. everyone else did the same.

i threw some dirt at the fire so it will die down and saw that y/n still had her fists clenched and her eyes still wide. i finished up putting out the fire and made my way over to her. "y/n?," her eyes stared at mine and i noticed she calmed down a bit.

"let's keep moving," i gestured her to follow us and she walked behind me.

minutes pass by and the wind kept getting colder. the sunrise was the only light that was helping us see right now. nobara was leading the group now and we all followed behind her.

"do you even know where we are going?," yuuji said as he moved some branches out of the way.

"no! of course not! hell, you don't either," nobara took a look at the map that was now in her hands. she kept her gaze on it for a while then looked up looking in different directions.

"wait- do you guys hear that?," junpei stopped us.

"hear what-," yuuji got stopped with junpei finger as he pushed it up against his lips.

i listened closely and heard a car driving by. we must be near a road. i assumed the others heard it too when we all started to walk towards the sound. once we made our way closer, we figured out it was a road that led to outside of our small town. we all turned the other way and headed back home.