Chapter Thirty-Nine

Draco, Melina, and Stella all sat at one of the tables on the train with Blaise, Theo, Crabbe, and Goyle sitting at the one beside us. I talked to Melina and Stella. "So how was your summer?" I asked them. "It was great, Stella stayed with me the whole time," Melina said. "It was perfect. How was yours?" Stella asked in her sweet voice. "It was good. Draco stayed with me last week," I told them. Draco was busy talking to his friends to even be paying attention. "So, are you two an official thing?" Melina asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I felt my face get warm and bit my lip. "Maybe," I said, smirking. "You are! Aren't you? It's about time!" She said.

"Shut up," I said laughing. "That's a beautiful bracelet y/n," Stella said, taking my hand from across the table and looking at it closer. "Malfoy?" She said, raising an eyebrow at me as she smirked and then looked at Melina. "Oh, so you're not his, you're his," Melina said, emphasizing the last part. I rolled my eyes and felt an arm around me "of course she's mine, gotta let everyone know that. Especially that Potter," Draco said. "Draco, be nice," I said, nudging him. I could feel someone looking at me so I looked around and saw Pansy glaring at me but then I saw someone else.

My blood ran cold and my body stiffened. Jazxon was sitting beside her. "Y/N? Y/n, what's wrong?" I heard Melina ask. The three of them looked where I was and I felt Draco pull me closer to him. "What's he doing here?" He asked angrily. "Why would he transfer in his last year?" Stella asked. Jaxzon must have felt us staring because he looked up at us and smirked. He was more focused on me. I felt Draco's hand wrap around my jaw forcing me to look at him. Before I could protest, he was kissing me hard and sliding his fingers down to wrap around my neck. "You're mine," he growled slowly before turning and glaring at Jaxzon again.

I was really starting to wish Lucas was here now.

Night had fallen the time we got to Hogwarts as usual. We got off the train and started walking to get a Carriage to take us up to the castle.  We saw Hermione,  Ron, and Harry walking ahead of us. Draco hadn't been the happiest when he saw Harry not just because of me but because Draco's father was now in Azkaban because of Harry. "I'm surprised the Ministry is still letting you walk around free, Potter," Draco said, walking ahead with Crabbe and Goyle. "You better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it," Draco said, getting in Harry's face who jumped at him a little. Ron held Harry back and I ran up putting my hands on Draco's chest.

"Come on Draco, let's go," I said and pushed him but he didn't move. He wrapped one of his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him as he glared at Harry who Ron was still holding back. "Draco. Let's go! Please!" I said putting my hands on his waist and pushing him until he started walking backward still holding me close to him. "What'd I tell you? Complete nutter," Draco said and he turned around to walk away. I turned my head to look at the trio with sad eyes. Draco wrapped his arm around my shoulders looking at Harry one more time before we walked off. "Just stay away from me!" Harry yelled.

We got to a carriage. Stella and Melina were already there. The boys got up in the carriage and Draco helped me up. The boys all sat on one side while we girls sat on the other. Once everyone was settled in, the carriage moved forward. When we got to the castle we went and changed into our robes and went to the Great Hall. Jaxzon had already been sorted into a house apparently before he got here. And unfortunately, that house was Slytherin.

The first years were sorted into their houses and we ate dinner then as we ate dessert Dumbledore started talking. "Good evening,  children," He said and everyone went silent. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who will be taking care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor Delores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. As usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you.." Dumbledore was saying but was stopped by the lady in pink clearing her throat.

"That outfit is awful," Melina said and Umbridge stood up. "She looks like she's going to get on my nerves," I whispered. Draco's arm that was around my waist tightened. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Be quiet and listen. She might make this school better. She's part of the Ministry," He said. I rolled my eyes and he gave me a stern look moving his arm so he could move his hand up my thigh just under my skirt and squeeze making me jump slightly.

Umbridge moved to stand in front of everyone and she looked at Dumbledore. "Thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome," she said. "And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me," she addressed us. I screwed my face up already knowing I didn't like her. "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends," She said. "That is doubtful," Melina whispered in my ear and let out a breathy laugh only for Draco's hand to squeeze my thigh again and move it further up. I grabbed his arm to keep him from going any further as we listened to the pink troll.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school... progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved perfectly, what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be... prohibited," she said as she whispered the last word. She chuckled and then went back to her seat. Dumbledore started clapping and others joined him. "Thank you, Professor  Umbridge. That really was most illuminating," Dumbledore said.

This year was going to be more miserable than I thought it was going to be. "Illuminating? That's a load of rubbish," Melina said. "Yeah, they should just straight up say the Ministry is inferring at Hogwarts," I said. "My father always said this place was going to the dogs. This is going to be a good thing. Just you watch and see," Draco said and I rolled my eyes. no this was going to be a complete nightmare of a year.