{23}

hope's povfriday, december 11th

hope's pov
friday, december 11th

"happy," kiss. "birthday," kiss. "tiny." kiss.

"you're too cute," i murmured softly as i wrapped my arms around her to pull her into my embrace. "thank you, bubba."

"of course," she kissed my cheek. "c'mon, i got you some breakfast downstairs."

"you should carry me down there." i smiled against her neck.

"sure," she agreed. "anything for you, baby."

she picked me up bridal style, and i wrapped my arms around her neck and laid my head on her chest. she kissed my forehead before carrying me downstairs. once we got to the kitchen, she sat me in one of the stools.

"thank you, bil." i gave a sweet smile.

"you're welcome."

she went to get something off the stove, while finneas and claudia came over. they told me happy birthday, and i thanked them as i gave them each a hug.

after they did, billie placed a plate of french toast sticks in front of me, as well as some yogurt that had strawberries in it. i jutted my lip out, thanked her, and gave her a quick kiss.

after i ate my breakfast, billie gave me a smile. "i've gotta some shit planned for you today."

"you do?" i raised a brow. "would you like to fill me in?"

"i would not." she shook her head.

"and why not?"

"'cause it's a surprise."

i playfully rolled my eyes before standing on my tiptoes to give her a kiss on the cheek. i told her that i was gonna take a shower real quick before going upstairs. before i got my shower though, i checked my notifications on my phone.

i saw that lexi had texted me happy birthday, and had sent it at twelve am my time. i thanked her a bunch of times before checking my other notifications.

after i did, i went and got my shower. after my shower, i dried my hair and brushed my teeth.

then i went back to mine and billie's room. i heard my phone ringing, so i walked over to see who was calling. i rolled my eyes as i saw that it was my aunt vanessa. i really didn't feel like answering, but i didn't want to be rude, so i did.