Doggo

***Present Day***

[Dina's PoV]

Hey. Day one of my amazing mission on Polus! OoOooO and this is my bedroom for the next..... however long we're here!

I yeet my small suitcase onto the bed and drop my helmet on top of it. I'll unpack that later, I think to myself, glancing about the room.

That's when I noticed it. A small-ish book with a black fake leather cover. Hmm. Interesting.

________________________________
Dear Diary,

I'm Cyan. Or, rather, my suit is.

And here on Polus, we go by the colour of our suits. I still don't understand why we don't just use names... maybe because the colours are easier because we don't have to remember them?

Anyway, I work as a security guard here, along with Blue. Everyone has a role.

Red, our fearless captain.
Orange, Red's main helper.
Yellow, the technician.
Green, the medic.
Pink, the head of communications.
Purple, the trainee crewmate.

Yup, that's the crew. Pretty small, only eight in total, but it's my crew, and I would never ask for another.

My crew is perfect.

________________________________

***one week ago***

[Cyan's PoV]

A single tear rolled down my cheek and splashed onto the page. Closing the diary, I sit myself down on my bed with my head in my hands. Why couldn't things have stayed that way?

Just then, I felt something on my leg. My dog Crystal nudging me with her nose.

"Heh..." I smiled a little as she jumped onto the bed and rubbed her head on me. "You're always here to make me feel better".

Yeah, Crystal was supposed to just be Polus's guard dog, but she'd taken a strong preference to me over Blue, and refused to leave my side, which I liked. The crew had been perfect, but I easily felt lonely if I wasn't with anyone. Red had done his best to ensure that everyone was happy and felt safe, and thought that keeping Crystal would be good for me.

"Hey... Cyan?" Someone asked, gently knocking on the door. I immediately tossed the diary under the bed and swiped my tears away before taking a deep breath to compose myself.

"Y-You can come in" I murmured as cheerfully as I could, which still sounded quite miserable if I'm being totally honest.

Orange cautiously stepped through the door, giving me a sympathetic look. "You left the meeting quite quick... you okay?"

"Not really" I sighed, blinking hard to hold back the tears, "s-someone... they k-killed..."

"I know" Orange murmured, "Red has just finished talking to the others. Blue says he thinks it's impossible for anyone else to have snuck in... what about you?"

"N-no... we did the checks..."

"Which means..." she whispered, "it's one of us."

An anxious silence filled the room for a few seconds. Who did we trust? Could we trust anyone?

Well... I'm sure it wasn't Blue, he gives off the impression of being intimidating sometimes, but that's his job... Purple seems too kind to do anything like that... Red and Orange are too helpful and caring, Yellow was afraid of blood, and Green... his job was to save people's lives... he already has saved us all from an infection we picked up from outside once before. That was the time decontamination broke.