Treason

"Korra sighed in slight irritation- she understood that whatever Tenzin was doing was probably important, but she had been waiting at the Police Station for over an hour already.

"Fancy meeting you here." Came a despondent voice behind her.

Turning, Korra glance out of the corner of her eye the last person she would have expected to see again- Tahno, former leader of team Wolfbat.

"What are you doing here?" Okay, that was blunt, but Tahno had never given her the best impression.

Tahno sighed heavily. "Trying to make them all see sense."

Korra merely raised her eyebrow.

Tahno gave her a look that said 'Are you stupid?' "I'm trying to get the arena opened again."

Ah. So that was it- no more pro-bending, Tahno didn't have a job.

"Well, good luck, I guess." Korra replied. She honestly did love pro-bending and she was sorry to see the arena close, but after the attack, she just had to focus on other things now.

"Yeah, about the finals." Tahno started, clearly uncomfortable. "Thanks."

Well, Korra wasn't expecting that.

Her surprise must have shown on her face, because Tahno continued. "I'm not stupid, and I know that if you and that other guy hadn't been there, I probably would have died that night."

While Korra was really tempted to rub it in his face, she just let him speak.

"I could see how dangerous those Equalist guys were, and if they had beaten you, something tells me that they would have started on the people in the stands..." Here, Tahno trailed off, shuddering slightly, and Korra had to admit the thought chilled her as well.

"Look," Tahno started again, still uncomfortable, "I know we're not friends or anything, but even I can that tell you're the best chance we have to stop them."

Korra had no idea what to say to that, so she just kept her mouth shut.

"See you around, Avatar." He finished, walking away.

Any reaction Korra might have had was cut short by the sight of Tenzin entering the room from the other side.

She supposed it really wasn't that much of a surprise to see Chief Beifong with Tenzin- it was the Police Station, after all, but she hadn't been expecting Hiroshi Sato to be talking with the two of them.

Apparently, he had given the Police a tip about some company that had been supplying the Equalists.

While she didn't really know that much about the man, she was grateful for any advantage Republic City could get over the Equalists. Besides, he was Asami's father, so he couldn't be all that bad, right?

"An inspiring man, isn't he?"

Korra jumped, startled, before she turned to see Tarrlok standing behind her, staring at Hiroshi with an unreadable look on his face.

"What do you mean?" She asked cautiously. Korra still didn't really like the Councilman, but he had saved her life, so she supposed she should at least try to be civil with him.

"You must have read some of it in the papers, or at least heard of his reputation. The spitting image of the self-made man, rising from having absolutely nothing to becoming the Chief Executive Officer of one of the most predominant industries in the world. Why, even after acquiring all of his wealth, he still decides to use it to try and help Republic City by rooting out sympathizers of its greatest enemy." There was something odd about his tone at the end, and it didn't take Korra long to recognize it as suspicion.