3 | Astrid

Astrid

Once their eyes leave me for a little bit, I leave the shop area and go to a waiting area. Then I wander until I find a bathroom. It's gross and dingy, but it's good enough. And when I get inside I lock the door behind me.

Grey. Grey. Where have I heard that name before? It's a pretty popular name, but it just really sticks out to me. Think. Think! Wait-!

Oh Lord. Grey, Crips. They have a Mechanic shop as their base. How they get some of their money. It has to be them! The Crip is the most powerful gang on this side of America. They are fearless, no one dares to mess with them. If someone does, they don't come out alive. But, my ex-gang, Hustlers had some beef with them a little while back.

And I punched one of them! If they find out who I am, I'm as good as dead! I messed up! Big time.

Breath, Astrid. Breath. I can't let them see how freaked out I am. After a couple breaths and some water splashed onto my face, walk out of the bathroom, and back to my car. Josh is the only one in here. I lean into my car to grab my smokes and lighter.

"Oh- jeez. You scared me." He says jumping back a little.

I lite one of the smokesand take a drag. "How old are ya kid?" I ask.

"Seventeen." He answers. I was right. I'm always right. He seems very nervous around me. But when he looks up to me his eyes fill with compassion. "Your head is bleeding. Oh-my-gosh. I'm so sorry!" He cries standing to his feet looking at the wound.

I totally forgot about it actually. It doesn't hurt at all. But I walk over to the sink and lightly dab at it with a paper towel. When the cold water is it it stings a little bit. But it's fine.

"Do you want me to get you some medical equipment?" He asks, standing to my right.

"Do you ever just shut up?" I snap.

"Sorry." He mumbles walking back to my car.

I bite my lip and rub at it really hard to get off the dried blood. To reveal a cut about three inches long. Once all the blood is clean off my face, I walk back to a wall and lean up against it, and smoke as Josh fixes my car.

A few minutes later, the big man from before bursts into the room. "Have you seen her?" He asks frantically. Josh looks my way then, he looks at me and he relaxes.

"Relieved to see me?" I say sarcastically.

"You wish." He replies.

"Sure." I roll my eyes and he chuckles.

"Who are you?" He asks me.

"Just some random person." I grin.

He walks over and takes my smoke and throws it onto the ground stepping on it. I stand up straight and look at him with death in my eyes.

"Thats a bad habit." He teases.

"I'll show you a bad habit!" I threaten coldly.

"Don't come in here all bad, and mad to threaten us. This isn't your place." He says standing tall. He is standing right infront of me, not even a foot from me.

I feel his breath on my hair. My face is level with his chest. His shoulders are broad and built. His hair is cropped and dark. But even with his tall large body, it doesn't intimidate me. It takes a lot to intimidate me.

"Keep your attitude to yourself." He commands.

He must be the leader of Crip, Damon Grey. But I thought he was in jail? Must have just got out. A lot of people fear him. But right now I don't. I might when I say something with an attitude, but right now, in this moment, his name doesn't scare me.