Galran History & Biology: Different Species

The Galra have been known to be an aggressive species, but they were not always like that...

There are 599 Galra species and each one is unique, each one has its own unique feature and power, as well as their own traditions, listing all of these would take too much time so we will just be listing some of the main species or 'breeds' as they are sometimes called. There are three ranks of galra apart from the status ranks such as officer or cadet, these ranks are: Alpha, Beta, and Omega, Omegas can get pregnant, male and female, Alphas cannot get pregnant and are all male, a female Alpha is very rare, Betas are pretty much normal, females get pregnant and males cant. Omegas have a heat season or 'mating season, I'm pretty sure you can find out what that is without an explanation. Omegas make nests during their heat or when they're pregnant or even just for comfort, a nest can be anything from a whole room built just for that, to a closet to two couches put together and consists of clothes, blankets, towels, linens, etc. 

The Purple Galra: This is the species we are most familiar with, thanks to the Emperor's Zarkon and Lotor. The Purple Galra normally have purple skin or fur, their unique feature is their ability to hear from several miles away. They are one of the more aggressive species and have the power is strength, they are stronger than most other species.

The Red Galra: This species has a heated lifestyle, they, like the Fire Galra, can swim in lava and walk through fire, however, fire is not their power, they have the power to run shockingly fast and the reason for this is because of their feature, they have dragon-like hands and feet that use the ground and push themselves forward similar to what cheetahs do when hunting or running from a predator. The Red Galra are more of a peaceful species and their current emperor is Zaru.

The Blue Galra: Like the Ocean Galra, the Blue Galra have the ability to swim swiftly through the water and have webbed hands and feet but the skin in between their fingers and toes is retractable. Their unique feature is their huge fangs, similar to the fangs of a sabertooth tiger but a lot smaller, you can't see their fangs until they open their mouths, you can't miss them, their fangs are powerful enough to cut a Galran sentry clean in half. They like the Red Galra are a bit more peaceful than others, however, they are still quite aggressive. The current emperor is Lopo

The Forest Galra: This peaceful species has the power to manipulate nature, like the Olkari. They tend to have greenish-brownish skin/fur and their unique feature is the ability to shape-shift, they live in forests ( obviously) and use moss and leaves for their dens or 'nests'. Fern is their current emperor.

The Black Galra: This species is the most dangerous and their emperor 'Nightmare' certainly lives up to his name. The Black Galra have pure black skin/fur and their unique feature is their whip-like tails that can cut straight through steel. They control darkness and are feared by all of the other species.

The White Galra: This species is not one of the 599 Galran species, at least not anymore, they are extinct and have been for 500 billion and 13 1/2 years (or deca-pheobs). They were the only ones with wings and the ability to fly, they could shape-shift and talk to animals, their wings are their unique feature and their power was power to control winter ( ice and snow mainly). They were the only species with a king and queen instead of an emperor and empress. King Dusk and Queen Dawn were the last ones, they were killed by Emperor Nightmare of the Black Galra. The king and queen were the only ones with peacock tails and the rest of them had wolf tails, they were a peaceful species and ruled over the other 599 species. It is said that there might be one White Galra left somewhere in the 17 Realms but no one knows for sure.

All of the Galran species are named after the empire's first emperor, for example, the Purple empire was founded by Emperor Purple. They each had a special crystal heart that gave them a unique power, these hearts are known as 'Embers'. Emperor Fire's ember allowed him to control and create fire. Emperor Cloud's ember allowed him to control the weather. Since the ancestors died, not a single one of the embers have been found.