June 2013

picture is Sam

I sat on my porch swing reading Wuthering Heights for my summer reading, though I had read it twice before. The porch swing was my favorite spot, I loved humming and reading through the hours. As I looked up from my book, I saw the all too familiar blue Seden pull into the driveway next to mine.

Sam stepped out, looking gorgeous as always. He formed a small smile when he saw me, and paced up to my porch.

"Long time no see," he stated as he sat next to me.

"Yeah and whose fault is that?" I asked annoyed before closing my book.

"Great read," he pointed out, clearly trying to change the subject.

'It is," I huffed before standing up, preparing myself to leave.

"Alice I understand why your upset but-"

"Upset? Upset doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. You make out with me, then say you'll miss me, then you leave for a year, hardly visiting or calling," I shouted as I bit my lip to contain my tears.

"I was an idiot not to set more time aside for visiting. I didn't want to hold you back, or make you feel like you had to wait for me. I spent a few extra months there to recollect myself and pack, it doesn't just happen," he sighed, "I like you Ali, much more than a friend I've known for years."

"I'm done believing your lies, I'm done believing you. You have given me no proof to trust anything you just said," I exclaimed.

As I was talking, he moved closer and closer to me until his lips crashed down on mine. Being too caught up in the moment, I neither kissed him back nor pulled away. However after a minute or so I gained composure and backed away from him

"Sam?" my mother's voice questioned.

"Rose how are you?" he smiled his million dollar smile before she engulfed him into a hug.

"Sammy your back!" Lauren, my fourteen year old sister exclaimed with joy. Sam had always been a big brother to my siblings.

My parents invited Sam in, saying they needed to talk to us alone.

"Daddy and I just wanted to enforce that you two have to act appropriately in school. He is going to be your teacher and your friendship has to stay here," my mother explained. My heart dropped and I felt as if I was just punched in the gut.

"You're going to be my teacher?" I shouted narrowing my confused gaze on Sam.

"I was trying to find a way to tell you," he sighed, burying his head in his hands.

"Sam and I will have no trouble not mixing our school work and friendship, now if you'll excuse me," I spat before running upstairs. Upon entering my room, I slammed the door.

Sam once again caused my emotions to spiral out of control. I picked up a pillow and screamed into it, letting all the anger and frustration pour out.

I pulled out my journal, the only thing that ever made me feel happy and at peace, and wrote.