1

Jungkook grudgingly loaded his suitcase into the back of the cab, trying not to let his parents see his frown as he slammed the trunk shut.

He turned and faced his house, missing his video games and computer already. His parents waved from the doorway and he waved back, forcing a smile. It was pointless trying to tell them he didn't want to visit his uncle on some far away island he had never heard before. They had insisted he needed to spend time with his relative who he had never met and be outdoors in such nice weather.

Jungkook didn't even know who's side of the family his uncle was on.

He sighed as he climbed into the cab, putting his headphones in and opening his friends group chat while he still had Wi-Fi.

Tae: Googooberry, u there yet?

Kookie: leaving now ):

Hoesuck: big oof

Kookie: I can't believe they're making me spend the whole summer there! like not even a month, the whole entire summer!

Chimchimcham: Isands are cool tho! u can do a lot of fun stuff there!

Kookie: Like what? Hike and fish? I can do that here too

Hoesuck: drink from coconuts!

Kookie: it's not a paradise island, hobbes. I googled it and its like some harbor town, with fish and seagulls and shit

Tae: damn that sucks. I thought it was going to be like Hawaii or some place

Kookie: I wish

Kookie: ugh I'm trying not to pessimistic but I'm really bummed out

Kookie: I wanted to hang out with you losers this summer ): that Europe trip looks so cool!!

Hoesuck: im sorry gguks, we wanted to spend this summer with u too! but we'll send you lots of pictures of our trip! I'll bring you back something European. u want a Danish, innit?

Tae: that's not how u use that word lmao

Chimchimcham: cheer up kokonut, maybe u'll meet a cute girl and have a sizzling summer romance uwu

Kookie: yeah, right. I bet it's all old men up there. buncha fishing freaks

He sighed, looking out the window as the cab drove on, taking him away from his suburban home, and towards a summer filled with the unknown.

-

He had fallen asleep, and was woken up by the cab driver telling him they had arrived.

He gave the driver some of the money his parents had given him to spend and hauled his large black suitcase out of the trunk.

The cab pulled away and Jungkook looked up at the marine dock he had been dropped off at.

His uncle had hired someone to pick him up in a boat to take him to the island, and Jungkook wandered down the wooden dock, seeing boats on ether side of him bob in the dark blue waves. It smelled like fish, and a few seagulls squawked overhead.

The sun reflected off the lake and shone in his eyes, and he raised a hand to shield them as he peered around, looking for the name of the boat his uncle had told him.

S.S. Kim...where's the S.S. Kim?

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook looked up, seeing an attractive brown haired boy in a white T shirt and ripped blue skinny jeans. He was standing on a small white boat that had a red stripe down its sides.