Dark part of the Biz

"Well look who's here," Irene said as she walked past the 24/7 mart.

Wendy who was first standing while looking at the stars above came back to her senses when she heard the voice she was desperate to hear since a week and chased after the woman turning the block.

She noticed how Irene was already wearing a jacket today so she didn't bother taking off hers.

"Are you really stalking me?," Irene asked blankly as she continued walking slowly on the side of the street.

"I can say the same for you Irene-ssi," Wendy said as she put her hands in her pockets, walking a few steps behind the older woman.

Irene who wanted to know the reason behind their weekly meetings so late at night stopped and turned around to look at the younger woman. She noticed how Wendy was wearing a thick sweatshirt underneath the long coat and knew that the coat was meant for her. This made her heartbeat to increase slightly but she shrugged this off like this was nothing.

"What do you want kid?," Irene asked in a deep exhale. She was a little taller than Wendy and the heels she was wearing made her to look even taller.

"Here," Wendy said as she finally took out the chocolate from her pockets and offered it to the woman with slightly shaky hands.

Irene raised an eyebrow as she eyed the younger girl. Wendy looked nervous and her eyes were fixated on the ground.

"What's this?," Irene asked, not receiving the chocolate yet.

"W-Well.. you know last time... I was waiting for you here to give you this.. as a token of my apology. B-But I didn't get to give it to you. So.. I-I thought I should now," Wendy explained as she felt her arm aching from keeping it in the air for so long.

"I don't eat chocolates," Irene said coldly as she turned around. She knew she sounded very rude and mean but she was used to it now.

"It's fat free.. dark chocolate," Wendy said as she slowly started to pull her hand back.

After hearing this, Irene sighed and turned around again, almost snatching the chocolate. If it's fat free, how can she not have it? Even if it was not, she would still have it. It was the first time anyone has given her a chocolate as an apology.

"I'll take it," Irene answered as she slid the chocolate in her pocket.

The gloomy look on Wendy's face was soon changed to a goofy grin with her cheeks slightly red. According to Irene, this was due to the cold but Wendy knew, it was not due to the weather.

"Can you walk me home?," Wendy asked, looking hopefully at the older woman with puppy eyes.

"Aren't you too ahead of yourself?," Irene chuckled, shaking her head in a firm no. She turned around and started to walk back to her home.

Wendy nodded as she felt her heart beating faster. She turned around as well and took a deep breath before taking slow steps towards her home. There was a reason she asked for Irene to walk her back but anyways, she can do it herself as well.

Wendy looked down on the ground as she picked up her pace. She could see a few men on the other side of the street and if she could bet a 1000 dollars that they were glaring at her, she would win. When she heard a sudden cheap whistle, she felt her steps getting heavy. She regretted not calling her asleep best friends.

This was quite rare to find such men in her neighbourhood but as they were just beside the mart, it wasn't that shocking.

When Wendy suddenly saw one of them standing up from their bike, she gulped in nervousness. She almost lost it at this time but like some silver lining, someone slid their arm in hers.