Calad

Thranduil didn't care about Eluriels exit at breakfast until a guard rushed in. "My King, it's the Lady of Rivendell, something has happened to her." The King stood up, bowed and was out of the door. He was almost running down the halls as he felt Eluriels state getting worse. He knelt down next to her and placed his hand on her forehead. "She is burning like fire, what happened?" he demanded. "I do not know, she was already a bit distracted at breakfast but I thought nothing of it." "When was the last time she ate?" the healer asked as he entered. Both Tauriel and Thranduil paled, when they realized the absence from Eluriel in the past nights. The King was consumed by guilt as she was picked up and carried to the healing rooms. "Goheno nin, I should have been a better friend and watched over her," Tauriel said silently. Thranduil only shook his head and patted her arm. "Do not blame you Tauriel, we both know that Eluriel can be very stubborn."

During his council meetings, the King was distracted and could only think about Eluriel, he had abandoned her after the fight, leaving her in her state. "Ara nin (my king)?" the voice of one of his advisers snapped him out of his trance. "I must leave, vote for whatever you are discussing," he said and left. His feet carried him to Eluriels bed in the healing rooms and he gently sat down next to her. He caressed her hand a flow of sadness overcame when he noticed she wasn't wearing his ring. "Goheno nin ," he whispered and placed a kiss on her forehead, then he left before any one could see his mask crumble.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on calad (fire), my body felt like it was burning in the flames of Orodruin (Mount Doom) itself.

"Find the ring," a voice echoed in my head over and over. I suddenly remembered that I had left it at Lalaiths statue. "Lalaith?" I called out in a whimper.

"Eluriel," a voice was behind me and I turned. The beautiful elleth stood behind me her arms crossed in disappointment. "Goheno nin, Lalaith. It was never my intention to cross boundaries with Thranduil." "This is not the reason I am here. In contrary I am very happy to see him alive again. Yet you were very foolish to leave the ring to me," she said. "But it is yours, you are the Queen of Mirkwood, wife of Thranduil," I exclaimed. "He hasn't told you, has he?" Lalaith asked me and I furrowed my brows. "What?" "Nothing, for now you need the ring to survive. It is important otherwise yours and Thranduils bond will vanish and you shall die as a cost." Then she left and I was back in the heat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My Lord she is getting worse," One of the healers approached Thranduil. "Sent word to Lord Elrond immeadiately," the King ordered and rushed to Eluriels side, "Nenluin, you need to stay with me. I can not loose someone again, stay with me."

"Get the ring," It was a mere whisper, but Thranduil heard her. Sweat mixed with tears ran down her face. Thranduil rushed to the stables and mounted Túrthogor. "Ego !" he yelled at the guards and galloped into the forest. His heart was leading him to the ring, he knew it. Still he froze when he found himself in front of the statue of his wife. Someone had cleaned it and the ivory made it seem like it was shining from itself. Only then he noticed the ring on Lalaiths finger. Eluriel must have visited her when she was out in the forest. He remembered the pang of jealousy when Eluriel saw his memories.

Eluriel thought he still loved Lalaith and he had nothing done to show her otherwise. Thranduil gently removed the ring from the hand and bowed one last time to Lalaith. The valar had given him a second chance and he would not waste it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Everyone leave !" the booming voice of Elrond made all healers scurry away. He had ridden immeadeately as he heard of his sisters state. A second later Thranduil barged in, clinging onto something. "She needs your bond Thranduil. Why did she even take it off?" Elrond asked him. "Lalaith," was the only answer he got as Thranduil began chanting spells and talking to the valar as he had placed the ring on Eluriels finger again. The same aura from Moria sorrounded them and Elrond had to shield himself as it was very powerful and ancient magic.

Thranduils chants became more stressed as he held onto Eluriels soul with everything he had. "I am loosing her Elrond, I cannot let her fade away and leave me, not again." Elrond knew he couldn't help him as it wasn't his place to.

It was like Galadriels mirror had shown him, Eluriels body was in flames her hair glowing unnaturally in its shade. "Do not leave me," he was yellling now as he felt the life leaving Eluriels body. "Please," and just like that the facade of the cold King crumbled and he fell on his knees holding Eluriels hands. The silver light flickered as their bond became weaker. Thranduil had no magic left and eventually passed out next to the still unconscious elleth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Eluriel it is time." Lalaiths ghost appeared next to me. "You need to return now, the King has given all he has. He saved you from the fire." I nodded because I had felt the burns leaving my body. "Before you go, you need to promise me something." "Of course Lalaith."

"Promise me you love him in the ways I never could."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gasped and my eyes shot up. I was back in the healing room. "Muinthel  you are awake." Elrond stood next to me, eyeing me suspiciously. "What happened?" I told him about Lalaith and the ring and he nodded carefully. "Where is the King?" I asked. "After healing you he passed out, his body couldn't bear the amount of magic. I shall retrieve him as soon as he is awake, but I am sure he will come on his own." Elrond smiled. "I am happy for you Eluriel, I feared the King had to die alone." I rolled my eyes and blushed. "Rest now muinthel ."

I was awoken again by an argument next to me. "Would you shut up, I'm trying to sleep." I groaned annoyed.

"Nenluin"

It was him, he was here. "Thranduil?" I whispered hoarsely. "I am here, nenluin," his large hand grasped mine and I cracked one eye to be met with his blue ones. He looked at me in so much concern I had to laugh. "Come on, it's not like I died." "Do not joke with me," he said seriously and now I opened both my eyes. "I am fine, Thranduil. You saved me." He nodded again and I readjusted my seat causing him to start fussing over me immeadeately. "Thranduil, I am fine, seriously," I said again. "So how did you know it was the ring?" I asked him curiously. "You talked in your sleep, so I rode to Lalaiths statue." "I talked? What else did I say?" warmth crept onto my cheeks as I feared that he could have heard my conversation with his wife. "I didn't hear anything else, why is there something you want to tell me?" he smirked. I lightly slapped his arm and laughed. "You wish."

Thranduil visited me every day and only in his absence I realized how much I had fallen for the Elvenking. Yet I did not know what to with my feelings, Lalaith had given me permission, still I feared rejection from him.

It was when Tauriel and Legolas came to me with young Lalaith as Legolas grasped onto everything. I was talking to Lalaith, telling her about the adventures in Moria when I travelled with Thranduil when Legolas interjected. "You are in love with my ada." "What?" I stuttered. "You have fallen head over heels for him. Do not try to deny mellon." "Deny what?" Tauriel asked absently. "Eluriel has fallen for the King," Legolas said proudly and I could shake my head at him. "You have what?" Tauriel exclaimed with wide eyes. "Keep your voices down," I hissed at them not being able to stop my blushing. "So he doesn't know?" "No of course not, dôl lín cofn ( you are stupid)," I said. "Well when are you going to tell him, El? He is the King, if you don't tell him he'll find it out himself," Legolas was torturing me and he knew it. "Can we leave this topic alone please?" I mumbled, burying my face in my hands.

"Fine, but one last question." "What is it Legolas?"

"Can I call you nana from now on?"

Word count : 1489