Chapter 43

Your Pov

...Time skip...

I'm currently walking through the garden when I see Finny crying. I quickly walk over and crouch down beside him. 

"Finny, what happened?" I asked and he turns and grabs my shoulder. 

"I-its awful, I sprayed the weed-killer too close to the plants a-and now there all dead!" Finny sobbed. I rubbed his head and looked around. 

"Finny, are there anymore seeds or fresh plants to replace the wilted ones?" I asked and he nodded. 

"Please go and gather all of the fresh plants first and then the seeds." I said and he nodded. I quickly got up and took off the gloves. I grabbed a shovel and started digging up the wilted flowers. After I was done, Finny came back with a wheel barrel full of supplies. 

"Here you are miss!" He shouted and I nodded. 

"Finny could you hand me the plants, While I'm doing this could you please dig small holes into the soil and plants the seeds?" I asked and he nodded.  As he was handing me a plant he looked down at me hands. 

"Miss Y/n, I've never seen you without your gloves before. Why are your nails black?" He asked in curiously.  

"I painted them, I got bored one day." I replied and put the plant into the soil, covering it with dirt. 

"Well, they sure are interesting, you did I good job painting them. Maybe you can do mine next." He laughed and I smiled. 

"Sure anytime, Finny." I smiled and he blushed. 

...

"Alright, all finished!" I shouted and Finny walked over. I looked over and noticed he had dirt on his face. I walked over and brushed it off and his eyes went wide. 

"Did I have somethin on my face?" he asked and I laughed.

"Just some dirt." I replied and Finny wiped my forehead. 

"Yeah, it seems we both do." he laughed and I heard someone clear their throat. I looked over and noticed a dark shadow behind him. 

"Sebastian." Finny said.

"What's going on out here?" He asked and Sebastian looked over and noticed I didn't have my gloves on. 

"Miss Y/n was-" 

"Simply, watching, Finny was planting some new plants. Weren't you Finny?" I asked and winked. 

"Y-yes I was." he said and I began to walk away. 

"You, know, I think you miss placed these?" Sebastian asked and held my gloves. I didn't turn I just kept walking.

"I simply didn't want them to get dirty." I replied and continued to walk. 

"You kn-"

"Shouldn't you be doing other things?" I asked in an annoyed tone. I opened the door and walked into the kitchen. 

"Mey-Rin?" I asked and she looked over. 

"Yes, miss?" she asked and I waved her to follow me. We both then headed towards my room. 

"Why are you covered in dirt?"  she asked.

"Just some gardening is all, could you draw me a bath?" I asked and she nodded. We walked into my room. Mey-Rin walked into the bathroom and I followed to wash my hands in the sink. I quickly walked over and dried my hands, covering them in the towel. 

"Alright the bath is ready." She said and I nodded. Mey-Rin walked behind me and untied my corset and turned around. I got in and she turned back around and started washing my hair. 

"Mey-Rin, how have you been?" I asked and she hummed. 

"Never better, though I'm guessing not the same for you miss." She asked. 

 "Yes, I have been very tired. But, I'm just happy I have you." I replied and rubbed my face.

"Me too." She replied. I knew Sebastian was listening to our conversation and I felt my chest turn cold. 

....

"Lady Y/n!" Bard shouted down the hall and I turned to face him.

"Whats wrong?" I asked and he smiled. 

"Listen, to this, I made a cake without blowing up the kitchen." he said and I clapped. 

"Well, I'm guessing it's done, I would like to try a piece." I said and he stood there in shock.

"Damn right, alright let's go!" he said and grabbed my hand and I smiled. We ran into the kitchen and Bard let go of my hand and placed a cake in front of me. I then laughed a little and Bard looked over at me. 

"W-what?" he asked nervously. 

"Nothing, the cake looks fine, but, the icing on the other hand. It looks like a 2 year old decorated it." I laughed.

"Ok, geez! I tried! No need to rub it in!" Bard replied and crossed his arms. I took a fork and cut a small piece of cake. 

silence

"Well? How is it? Don't leave me hanging!" he replied. 

"It's not bad, it's pretty good." I smiled and he smiled. 

"See told ya." He replied and we laughed. I then felt an ice cold sensation run through my body once more. I knew Sebastian was nearby and I was waiting for him to confront me. 

"Lady Y/n? are you alright?" Bard asked and I nodded. 

"Just fine." I replied.