CHAPTER 20

Katerina, Sirius, and James burst through the barrier at Platform 9 ¾, excitement coursing through their veins. Katerina immediately sped towards Lily, her arms outstretched. The red-headed girl threw her arms around her best friend, both of them grinning from ear to ear.

"How was your trip?" Katerina asked, pulling away from the embrace. Lily had travelled to France for the summer with her parents and sister.

"It was amazing! Goodness, Kat, we've got to travel together someday!"

Katerina nodded eagerly as she linked her arm through Lily's. The two best friends made their way towards their group of friends, where Remus could be seen greeting James and Sirius with hugs. Peter stood behind him, smiling.

Katerina hugged Remus tightly, happy to finally be reunited with everyone. She ruffled Peter's fluffy blonde hair, laughing slightly.

"Ready for our last year?" James asked, his eyebrows dancing. He placed an elbow on Lily's shoulder, a smirk present on his face. Lily rolled her eyes, but a rosy blush could be seen on her cheeks. Katerina winked at her, but grinned at James.

"You know it," she giggled as Sirius's arm wrapped around her waist. "Sorry to burst your fun, but James and Lily have to go to the first compartment. Our Head Boy and Head Girl have duties to tend to," the girl said, a hint of teasing in her soft voice.

James and Lily laughed before walking away, boarding the Hogwarts Express side-by-side.

Sirius suddenly went stiff, making Katerina glance around the station protectively. She chewed the inside of her cheek as she spotted none other than Walburga and Orion Black, standing with their son, Regulus.

Katerina slipped her hand into Sirius's giving it a squeeze. She motioned her head towards the train, a comforting smile gracing her face. Sirius followed his girlfriend onto the train, Remus and Peter following close behind.

___

It had been around an hour since the train ride started, and the trolley was making its way through the Hogwarts Express.

"Anything off the trolley dears? Anything off the trolley?"

Katerina stood up, grabbing her pouch full of Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts.

"Two Pumpkin Pasties and a Chocolate Frog, please," she said, handing money to the trolley witch. The woman smiled right back, placing the goodies in Katerina's hands.

"Thank you!"

___

Katerina flicked her Chocolate Frog card towards Remus, who grinned at her. The boy had been collecting Chocolate Frogs since his 3rd year.

Sirius was fast asleep, his head lying in Katerina's lap. James and Lily walked into the compartment, having finished their patrols. James immediately grabbed the half-eaten Pumpkin Pasty that sat in Sirius's limp hands, taking a bite out of it.

Katerina rolled her eyes at him, shaking her head. Remus was reading while Lily looked over his shoulder, reading along with him. Peter stared out the window, his fingers playing with the hem of his robes.

She looked around the room, smiling at her friends. Katerina was happy. Everything seemed so perfect to her.

But the happiness wouldn't last. It never did.

The teenagers enjoyed their time, not aware of the chaos and grief that life had in store for them just a few years down the line.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment to let me know what you think!

Stay cool, Anika<3