Chapter Fifteen : Day Out

Ruhana and Samrat plan for the next day. He wants Ruhana to help him in finalising the flat for himself. After all, he can't stay here and trouble his best friend. He can afford it, and he should surely do the needful for himself. Ruhana asks him to freshen up as She continues to cook the food-- all of Samrat and Vineet's favorite dishes.

Samrat turns to move out of the kitchen and finds Vineet on the door. Yeah, he has heard them all. Samrat smiles at him.

"I think you still gave up the chance

"I think you still gave up the chance. Kahin aisa na ho ki mauka haath se nikal jaye. I'm taking her off for another day." Samrat whispers and leaves to his room.

Vineet is certainly furious at Samrat. But, at the same time he knows that he is right. Ruhana is not ready to listen to him. Her anger is justified. When he has not heard her, why will she hear him?  Now that she has Samrat by her side, she is happy. Vineet is unimportant to her now, and now he feels that he has done the same with her. Now, when it is coming back from her, he is hurt. His trance is broken by Ruhana's voice who asks him to help her set the dinner table. He obliges. He has to do something, he has to talk to her in any way that he can.

Samrat joins them in a while and they begin with their dinner. It's only Ruhana and Samrat who are talking while Vineet is just a silent spectator. They finish the dinner and Samrat helps Ruhana wind up her chores. They decide their plans and retire to their rooms.

*****
Ruhana enters the room and finds Vineet sitting on the bed. Well, he's just a silent spectator. Ruhana glances at him and moves to change her dress. She changes into her favorite nightdress and occupies her seat on the bed. Vineet begins to speak something but Ruhana cuts him  off saying that she's sleepy and turns to the other side. Vineet sighs deeply. Now, he is desperately waiting for Samrat to go back to his own place. Then only, he can have a conversation with his wife peacefully. He falls asleep with Ruhana's thoughts in his mind.

*****

Next morning

He wakes up and finds Ruhana getting ready. She's applying kajal and then feeling his presence, she begins to speak. He checks the time and he is late.

 He checks the time and he is late