Under cover

Gally lead us through twists in turns in order to get into the city. It was dark, nighttime. Not much people were on the streets, probably because of the curfew rule that appeared on every billboard in the city. The few people who were out though, were carrying briefcases and their faces were covered with a mask as they rushed home. They all walked with their heads dipped down, avoiding eye contact with anyone who walked nearby.

We eventually reached the main entrance to the WICKED facility. Gally, Thomas, Newt, and I walked behind Teresa as she used her key card to enter. The three of us carried large guns with out hands, trying our best to imitate the WICKED guards as best we could.

I could feel my face overheating a bit, and I fought the urge to remove my mask to get a few breaths of fresh air. The virus was worsening as the days went by. Today I could truly feel it coming alive, fighting to take control over my body any second.

Teresa lead us through the halls of the giant building, trying her best to not cause any suspicion. Thomas stayed right on her heels the entire time, in case she dared to do anything out of plan. I wouldn't be surprised if she would.

We continue to walk for a while longer. Most of the people we see are leaving for the day, which I assume is normal considering how dark it is outside already. No one tries to speak with us, which is incredible, meaning our plan is actually working!

Sub-level three, Teresa had said was where they were holding Minho and the other test subjects. We were also planning to save some more kids if we were gonna break in to WICKED for Minho anyways. Brenda was in charge of the transportation.

Teresa finally took a left turn into a stairwell. We March down after her in the empty stairways.

"How're you doing love?" Newt checks up on me, which I assume he's been wanting to do for a while but couldn't for obvious reasons.

"I'm fine," I respond, not being completely honest.

I was shucking lucky we were wearing these masks, so that I could hide my true pain from the others for a while longer. Yes the others now knew. On the way into the city, we didn't have much to do so I confessed to my friends that I had the flare. Thomas was extremely sad for me. Gally also, although I never really got to know him back in the glade.

"You're gonna be okay, I promise," Newt grabs my hand that's covered by a black glove.

I give him a small nod. I know I'm not going to make it, but I can't do that to Newt quite yet. I don't want to leave him, and I know he'll be crushed if I die. That's why I try to stay strong for Newt. Until the missions over and done.

Come on YN, I tell myself, just a while longer. Fight for Newt.

"Getting that serums not going to save YN, Thomas," Teresa tries to convince Thomas to drop the plan. "It's only going to slow the virus down."

"Don't let her get into your head." I butt in. I pull my mask up off my face for a second to let out a cough. My throat is killing me.

I block out the others as Thomas and Teresa continue to argue. Newt and Gally walking without acknowledging or engaging in their argument. I pull down my mask.

I bring my attention back to reality as we make it down the last flight of stairs until I see a sign on the wall reading:

Sub-level 3

Here we are. Teresa swipes her card on the locked door and it glows green in acceptance. She steps aside and let's us walk in first.

Gally walks in first, aiming his gun at a man sitting on a giant desk.

"Open it!!" Gally demands as the guy raises his arms in surrender. "Hurry up! Open it!" Gally impatiently walks closer and closer.

Thomas and Newt follow behind closely also aiming at the man. The man has no other choice but to listen to us and he types away in his advanced technology computer. Gally stands behind him with the butt of his gun on the mans head, watching his every move.

We hear a sound go off and the door's keypads shine green, indicating that they're unlocked. Newt quickly makes his way to one of the doors. He opens the door and pulls off his black mask to reveal his messy blonde hair. I smile slightly, then go to open one of the other doors, containing scared kids.

I tug off my mask as well to get a better look in the room.

"Hey were not going to hurt you," I tell the frightened teenage kids who sit on small bunks, all of them staring at me. I scan the room looking for a familiar face, but don't see him anywhere. "He's not here," I look back to my friends.

"Not in here either," Newt walks away from the room's door, allowing the kids to begin walking out.

Newt and I both stare back at Thomas. Thomas turns to Teresa and points his gun at her.

"Where is he?!" He yells at her.

Teresa moves to the computer on the desk where the man no longer sits, due to Gally tying him up to the side. Teresa types away on the keyboard and her eyes scan across the monitors screen. Thomas stands close behind.

"That's weird," Teresa scrunches her nose. "He's been moved to the medical wing."

"Then that's where we're going," Thomas makes his way back to the gun and mask that he dropped on the desk's counter.

"Thomas that's all the way across the building!" Teresa tries to fight once again.

"Well we better hurry then," Thomas collects his items.

"I'll come with you Tommy," Newt grabs his weapon as well.

"No Newt you stay here with YN and Gally, wait for the serum and for me to get back," Thomas responds.

Newt stands closer to his friend. "You can't do this on your own. YN will stay with Gally, but I'm coming with you." My boyfriend tells Thomas.

"Just go!" Gally yells out as he messes with the security system on the wall. (Lol I have no idea if that's what it was) "YN and I will go back for the serum and meet you there."

Thank god for Gally and his fast, yet smart plans.

I nod in agreement. Thomas gives Newt a final look as if deciding whether or not to agree or not.

I roll my eyes suddenly impatient. "Just go! We're wasting precious time boys!" I basically shove the two of them out the door.

"I'll be back, hang in there love," Newt takes me by my arm then kisses me sweetly on the lips.

"Speaking of wasting time," Gally mutters jokingly behind me which causes me to pull away grinning, considering the situation.

"Bring Minho back for us," I tell Thomas and Newt.

They both nod at me before pushing Teresa with them out of the room and towards the medical wing.

Just a little while longer, I remind myself, you can do this. The boys will get Minho, and see from there what the outcome is.

Just

Hang

On

A

Little

Longer.

Do it for them. Do it for him.

A/n- I really slacked on this one.