(Episode One Part Two) Catfish

The rest of the day passed by smoothly, with no other hiccups. At least, during the school day. After school was a different story.

After Liz picked Nick and I up, she told up that she needed to go to the restaurant, and we were coming with her. Nick and I peeked into the back room, where Liz was making a speech about her workers incompetence. Then she saw up peeking in. "Ana? Nick? What are you two doing?" she asked.

We walked in, and I said, "Well, back in the foster home, all the kids had to pull their weight." I started.

Nick continued, "So we thought we could help out. We know our way around restaurants." I shot Nick a glare, which was ignored. Even though we did have to pull our weight, why would we know our way around a restaurant!

Liz didn't notice any of that, and responded, "That is so thoughtful slash depressing, but thanks, I've got everything under control here." She then walked away for a second and yelled something about fennel, and then turned back to us.

"I'm sorry. I'm obviously too busy to babysit." I almost lost my temper but Nick pulled me away and back outside the kitchen.

"Tia, I have a plan. We move this stuff in front of the door so when the first waiter comes out he'll knock it over and we clean it up so it looks like we just did something good." I interrupted her and said, "And then plan Get Liz to Trust Us will start."

We pushed it in front of the swinging door and not five seconds later, a young waiter came out of the kitchen and shattered the plates and sent the silver ware clattering to the floor.

He moved out of the way and Nick and I got to work. With my deft fingers, I swept up the broken shards and picked up the thing that was holding the plates and silverware, and then proceeded to grab as many as I could and put them on a tray while Nick grabbed all the unbroken plates and held them like she used to.

It was all done in less than a minute, and Liz stomped out to see Nick and I with the silverware perfectly organized and and the unshattered plates stacked. To be fair, Nick and I spent years seeing how fast we could do this exact thing.

"Wow that's impressive. Where did you learn to do that?" She said.

"We were cocktail waitresses in Vegas for a couple years." I delivered. Nick snorted, but Liz went pale. "Kidding!" Nick said when she saw this. She put down the plates and walked so she was next to me. "We told you, we have some experience in....cleaning." She changed her words when she saw the glare that I gave her. "Besides, we like working. I can't speak for Nick, but it makes me feel...useful." I said, and Nick nodded.

Liz gave in, "Okay, I guess I could use some help around here. But if the child labor people show up, you two are eighteen." We giggled a bit, then fist bumped.

Time skip

When Nick and I finally got home, Jeremy was on a rampage. "Who are you two." He asked me in a harsh tone.

"What is your problem." I asked, closing my laptop and slowly standing up.

"My problem is you two."

"But why? We haven't done anything to hurt you, all we're doing is trying to find a safe and stable home. All we ask of you, is to be kind of nice to us, and to give us food, shelter and water. Please, if you won't be nice to me then leave me alone." For the next few hours, at least. Then we're gone.

"I will figure you two out." He responded, before leaving the room with an exit only Severus Snape himself could master. I sighed and went back to my work.

After I knew he was gone, I called Dorothy. "We're knocking them out, tonight." I said before hanging up.

-tis I! The time skip!-