Aslaudian Gear

This city was many things, but silent was not one of them. The sound of ticking clocks, the turning of gears, and the wheels of automobiles were ever present in this city. Walking in the streets of this city was never a fun thing for you, always filled with all sorts of people, mostly pickpockets. How you longed to be back in your lonely workshop, but sadly, you just need one more part for your project. And it can only be gotten in the lower districts of the city. Just thinking about assembling the final pieces makes all of this trouble worth it.

As you go farther in the city, the smog gets thicker and the people get meaner. At least that is what people say. The smog most definitely gets thicker, but you wouldn't know about the people. It isn't like you tried to get to know anyone, not after last time.....

Walking into the shop that had the last part you needed, you couldn't help but notice the two people in dark cloaks at the edge of the store. The want to turn around and leave came up in your mind but you pushed it aside, you needed this part. This specific part was a Aslaudian gear, aslaudian was a pretty rare metal that was hard to work with. Which is why most shops don't sell it, but it was a wonderful conductor of electricity and is a very strong metal. Which the latter would be perfect for the heart of your invention.

You went up to the old, winkled store clerk. "Hello, I am Y/N. Here for the gear, I placed in an order two months ago." The clerk looked up to you, nodded his head and went to the back of the shop. This outing is almost over, thank goodness. Only things left are to pay for the part and then the walk back home.

As the wait for the gear carried on, you looked back to where the people in the cloaks were. Thankfully they were gone, it wasn't like the part you were buying was illegal or anything. But it would still probably rouse suspicion if a lot of people knew. Not a lot of people use aslaudian for things other then weapons, but this was so much better then any weapon. This was your master piece, if it actually works. The were so many things that could go wrong. It most likely would blow up in your face with the luck you normally have, but maybe, just maybe you wouldn't be a complete failure this time. If you did this right, life might actually turn around for you.

"Here it is, hope you know what you are doing with it. It would be a shame if such a pretty face got scarred because of an accident." The clerk said in a rude manner as they came from the back and placed the gear on the counter. This is why you hated leaving your workshop, people can never not speak their minds. Didn't they know that some things are better left unsaid.

"I will be sure to be careful, have a nice day you hairless, winkled goat." You said in a discourteous manner. You quickly gabbed the gear and left the surprised clerk with the payment. Lets just hope you never needed to come here again, that would be awkward. Though, it would give opportunity for the other insults that you had in mind for that man.

Slowing your pace down to a slow walk, you put the gear in your leather bag. It was getting late, that rude store clerk must of taken at least thirty minutes getting the gear from the back. Being out in the lower parts of the city was dangerous, but being out in the dark down here was a death wish. Luckily, it would only take ten minutes to reach the safer parts of the city. Until then, you would just need to be on your guard. it shouldn't be that hard, it wasn't like you had anything of value other then the aslaudian gear.

As you walked by a dingy alleyway, a hand shot out and gabbed you. As you were pushed up against a wall a seductive voiced greeted you. "Greetings my fair lady, I wouldn't suggest you make a sound. Unless you would like a bit of pain." The man waited for you to nod your head, then continued on. "Happy to see that you are able to listen to orders. Now, you are going to give me anything that is valuable in that bag of yours. If you resist or call for help this little knife in my hand will make its home in your neck, do you understand, sweet little doll?"

Just great, you are getting robbed by some pretty blond boy. You couldn't give him that gear, you payed too much for that. Plus, it took two months to get here. You couldn't wait any longer to complete your invention. The was one thing that might work, it was a risk. But you wouldn't just stand around and get robed without putting up a fight.

Reaching into your bag, you could hear the man hum in approval. He didn't expect anything, wonderful. Pulling out a small device of your own creation, you pressed the button on the end. It automatically shooting out a small eclectic shock, making the man drop the knife and back away in pain. Pushing him a little bit farther. You were able to run out of the alleyway, with your gear and your life.

The blame was on him, he should never underestimate someone. You might not be the strongest, with most of your years spent learning from books and no physical labor to accompany it, but you sure as hell won't let that stop you from kicking someone's butt when needed.

You got to the safer part of the city after what felt like forever. The crowds of people giving you a sense of safety from the alleyway man. Catching your breath, you look behind you to see that blond idiot standing and smiling at you. You swiftly turned around and started to walk further into the crowds. He shouldn't be able to track you with all these people around, if he even tried at all. It didn't look like it was all that important to him to follow you anyways. But just to make sure, you will take the long way home. Can never be too careful in this cursed city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note

First chapter done! Is this blond pretty boy our first yandere? Who knows. Hopefully I will be able to update soon, I want to try to update at least once a week. But life can be crazy so you never know. Have a wonderful day!