Chapter Two

Faith reached office exactly at time. It was a usual tuesday morning. The sun was shining brightly with absolutely no humidity. The dry heat had gotten into her nerves and made her look sick. The moment she entered the sixth floor, everything went into a standstill.

"What's up?" She asked Jeanie, whose honey pupils were dilated as she looked at Faith in shock.

"Shh, can you hear them? Alexander's here. Father and son is arguing about something."

Faith shrugged nonchalantly, "It's none of my business! Let's get back to work."

Jeanie didn't listen. And so did all the staff working on the sixth floor. Faith hated this; she absolutely resented the idea of eavesdropping! What the father and son had to talk about had nothing to do with them. Each and every staff was standing, almost six inches away from Josh's cabin, trying to peep in and listen to their topic of disagreement.

Faith shut the door of her cabin, tired of the idiocy. She was more interested about Josh's health. What if the argument with his son resulted in his collapse? The idea unnerved her. She loved Josh, and nobody had the right to treat him like shit. Not even his own blood!

Alexander Hamilton.

Who was he anyway?

She opened her laptop and searched his name on the browser. The internet was slow and it was taking a lifetime for the search results to show, therefore, she closed it and gave up the idea of finding information regarding Josh's estranged son.

She was just about to start arranging Josh's meeting for today when her cabin's telephone started to ring obnoxiously. "Hello?"

"Faith, I need you in my office. Now."

The call got disconnected before she could reply. Josh's voice had never sounded so desperate. Poor old man! Her heart cried.

Adjusting her prim and perfect work clothes that refused to break any work ethics, she made her way towards her boss's cabin. The line of people who were eavesdropping were seated in their respected cabins now, she noticed. Her steps were decisive, almost perfectly stable. She didn't know what had happened to her but meeting someone who she didn't personally like had automatically made her adopt a stance of confidence.

She opened the cabin door and entered inside with that same confident look and stance. "Yes sir?"

"Oh, Faith. Meet my son, Alexander Hamilton." The old man sprung up from his chair.

The man mentioned turned around to face her. She looked up at him.

It took a second or two for the sight to sink in. The sight that was front of her, larger than life. She could feel her lips stretch into a smile and her eyebrows arch for the sky. God, he was beautiful.

His hair was gelled at the sides and ruffled at the middle portion; his hair, walnut brown, yes. The colour gnawed at her senses, pushing her to the edge, instigating her to smile even wider but she controlled. For God's sake.

He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. The wheat-ish warmth of his skin, the olive green eyes that bespoke intensity and anger, pure wrath, in fact. She breathed harder now, her pulse quickening with every second that passed. His nose was small and pert, his lips thin but full. Totally kissable.

The thought shivered her. Why was she thinking all these?

Faith steadied herself. No, she couldn't lose control.

"Hi, Mr. Hamilton." She said, barely as a whisper.

The man smiled. It was a genuine one or not, Faith couldn't tell. He was good at masking emotions. The smile was a little press of his lips, barely allowing any kind of emotion to pass to her.