Chapter Eleven

Because you are alive, everything is possible. - Thich Nhat Hanh

-----------------

Fa'is P.O.V

"You're awake." A voice says making me open my eyes and hum in response. 

My head.

"Ugh, what happened?" I ask. My head feels like it's been hit repeatedly. 

"After seeing the girls," Savinah says, voice hoarse and eyes tired. "You fainted, and were carried to this room."

"I'm sorry," I give a small smile. 

"Apologize to the person you fell on, not me." She says rolling her eyes, giving me a glass of water. I look at her skeptically, and with another eye roll, she drinks it. "See, not poison."

I muttered a small thank you and took a sip. "Who did I fall on?" 

"His highness" 

and cue the coughing fit. 

"I'm sorry, I heard you wrong," I whispered, catching my breath.

"No you heard correctly, you fell back on his highness and he carried you to this room." She says making her to her door. 

"Where are you going?"

"The King declared that we all need to stay here since there is an enemy to the Castle, so we are all assigned different rooms with guards at our door in hopes of catching who did this." She says opening the door, she turns and gives me a mock bow. "Good night, your highness." 

What is going on?

For the next week, it's quiet and I was bored out of my mind. I was provided with some books but I finished all the romance ones and could not bring myself to read the boring ones. I tried on every outfit provided to me and even did new styles with my hair. 

I was about to open my doors to ask the guards for more books when I heard hush whispers. 

"Who are you on duty to watch?" A voice said. 

"The outsider." A voice, whom I recognized as my guard, says with disgust.

"Why stay then, it's not like the King is checking this hall or anything. She's an outsider, it would be a blessing if she died." The other voice says jokingly. 

"You're right, I don't even know why I bother." My guard, well ex-guard now, says and I hear them walk away. 

I decided that I have overstayed my welcome and should just finish what I promised May. I take a deep breath, trying to not let their words affect me as much, and walk out.

I walk as quietly as possible, the other guards ignore me, and some give me questioning looks.  As I make my way through the hallway, I hear "my" guard's voice again and turn to walk in another direction.

I walk as fast as I can, eyes to the ground, and make my way to another corner of the hallway only to run into a body again.

Oh shit.

That body belonging to the handsome but rightly pissed-off King. Part of me is thankful that he is alone because it means no one was around to see that, while the other scared because I didn't want to get yelled at.

"Why are you out of your room?" His voice was shockingly calm and not scary like usual.

"Um..."

"Are you that dense that you can't follow simple instructions, little girl?"

"Um...."

"If you think that this little act of yours is going to make me fall on my knees and make you queen then-"

I cut him off.

" I'm not here to marry me your majesty so save the 'you're an outsider' speech, I heard it all. Especially from your staff. I'm only here because I made a promise to my friend. Now if you will excuse me, your majesty I will be going back to my room and will appreciate it if you didn't treat me as a child." I give him a slight bow and scurry to my room before he sees the tears fall from my eyes.

I know that the King would never be interested in marrying an outsider. I know I should not be mad because I know it would never look good for the Kingdom's image. I was just tired of hearing the same words over and over again, I get that I'm an outsider but that's not my whole identity.

------------

Ametheo P.O.V

"Your Grace?"

"Hm"

"Did you hear what I said?" My advisor questions raising a brow, pulling me out of deep thoughts.

"Upcoming ball, bring a date," I say dismissively. I hate going to balls, the social pressure of being King and having to spend the whole night with people kissing my ass is very annoying.

"As your advisor, I think it would be great if you bring one of the girls with you. They've been trained to act as the perfect queen."

"Why would I bring any of them, when they could be the killer we are looking for?"

"Please your highness, there's already whispers of people defying you saying that you will bring this kingdom to its downfall without an heir." Charles practically begged.

" And If I don't want an heir?"

"I have just the perfect girl for you," Charles says dismissing me.

"No need, I have someone else in mind."

"Who?"

"The girl that fainted on me," I say nonchalantly, Charles gave me a quick disgusting look that I almost missed.

"Oh yes, Reyna. I'll get her prepared to meet you right away." He says standing up.

So she was right about the staff.

"Sir Charles, I have forgiven you for the stunt you pulled when you brought these girls here. You know I despise lying, and just right now I gave you a test which you've failed again."

"Your grace..."

"I would like for Ms. Fai to attend the ball with me, the outside that you seem to have a problem with. Mark my word as King if she's not the one that greets me for the ball, history or not you will pay." I calmly looked at the shocked man in front of me.

"Yes, your grace." He says stumbling out of the room.

Moments pass since Sir Charles ran out and I am left with the same thoughts that's been plaguing my mines in the past few weeks. Her.

When I first saw her in the greeting room that day, I almost turned to Charles and thanked him for bringing her to the castle. She stood out from the other girls, not just because of her skin color but because of the presence she brought.

Her hair is the shape of a crown, her beautiful brown eyes, her lips, her skin, and how it glowed in the sunlight that shined through the window. She as a whole, captured my mind and soul refusing to let me go.

It hurt seeing her afraid of me, it didn't help since I yelled at her. I just felt that if I didn't, I would be asking her to be my queen instead.

My attraction to her is surely infatuation, I'm a man after all. I am deserving of no queen, not one as beautiful as she. It wouldn't be right. And yet, I can't stop but to purposefully find my way on her path. For the first time, I am excited to go to a boring ball.

---------

A/N

Oooooooo we are getting somewhere.

What did you guys think of the King's p.o.v.? It was a last-minute add-in.

Anywho don't forget to like and comment.

Take care loves.

Side note I got my second covid dose and I am currently dying but decided to update because I love you guys.