Author's Notes

Hi, this is a bit unusual and a first for me. I haven't published nor really wrote any ship related fanfics, so this is a little alien. However, I have read a few in the past, and I chose this ship in particular.

Now, to get the elephant out of the room, yes, I am a little bit biased towards the Colette x Edgar ship. This mainly just draws from a mutual love for the ship me and a close friend have for them. We relate to these characters and their personalities just seemed fitting as a couple, and more fitting for the theme and narrative I wanted to write. However, it's important to note that I don't see this ship as canon, and it doesn't need to be. 

I feel that it's important for me to emphasize this due to the shipping scene within the Brawl Stars fanbase, most especially with Colette. Shipping to me isn't stating canon or predicting, it's just something my friends and I do for fun and to explore relationships and dynamics we think work well. Furthermore, I personally like ships that I think can teach a good lesson in writing. This being said, I am not against other ships including Edgar or Colette (especially with the plethora of Colette ships.) My tastes are bound to differ and I am fine and completely respect the ships and preferences of others, so long as it doesn't involve real people, inc**st, drastic age gaps, interspecies, or abusive power dynamics. I do not support the romanticization of abusive relationships, nor will I support the spreading of hate towards other ships outside of these categories. 

It's important that shipping is kept with safe teachings and implications, and to not inspire hate amongst groups of shippers, especially in a fanbase with a large population of minors. 

You may not agree with my shipping choice, but I implore you to imagine this as a scenario with any character since the second thing I really want to leave with you in my fanfic is its message. I wrote this not just because I like this ship, but because I think it's important to share my life experiences and learnings, and this just fit well with it.

Before this get's too long, I'll just leave you with these points: please ship responsibly, treat other members of the fanbase respectfully, and try to share anything of value with writing. (Gosh I sound like a Writing teacher.)

Feel free to comment any reactions or criticism, they are much appreciated. Thanks!