9 - Meeting Zeus

I don't own Percy Jackson.

After an hour and a half of driving they finally got to the Empire State Building.

"Is this where your dad lives?" Percy asked.

"Kind of."

Annabeth went to get the key for the elevator while the others waited for her. After a long elevator ride full of bad music they got to the top floor.

They started walking to the throne room to meet with Zeus, like he had asked, when Percy stopped.

"What's wrong?" Piper asked.

"He looks like me," Percy answered. He pointed into a room where a tall man was standing. It was Poseidon.

At the sound of voices he turned around. His sea green eyes meet his son's sea green eyes.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked.

"I asked them to met me," they all turned to see Zeus.

"Hi Dad," Jason said.

Percy looked back and forth from Zeus to Poseidon. "Are you my dad?"

For a moment no one talked or moved. That was all the answer Percy needed. "You didn't die. You left. Mom thought you died."

"Percy, I'm sorry. You have to understand, I couldn't stay."

"She loved you. She talks about you all the time. I thought you were dead, but you were here the whole time."

"I'm so sorry."

Percy looked up at Annabeth, "can we leave?"

Annabeth sighed, "In a little bit. We still have to talk to Jason's dad."

"Yes," Zeus agreed. "Follow me."

Everyone followed Zeus to the throne room.

"I called you here to see if you have taught Percy to treat my wife and I with respect."

"We have been working on it, but it would be easier if he wasn't five," Annabeth informed him.

"Well, it easier to teach a five year old then it is to teach a teenager."

"I don't know about that. Have you spent ten minutes with him? He's impossible to teach no matter what age he is. Can you please change him back? I will get him to be nice to you."

Zeus thought it over for a second, he was about to answer when Hera appeared.

"You will not change him back!" She yelled. "I talked to Hestia and she told me some very interesting things!"

"What?" Piper asked.

"Well, if I told you that would ruin all the fun. You have to figure it out all on your own! After that I'll let Zeus turn him back!"

"No!" Annabeth protested. "That is an invasion of privacy. We are not doing that."

"Oh, don't act all perfect," Hera snapped. "We all know Sally told you everything."

"No! She didn't. She told what happened with her. She only told me a little bit about Percy." Annabeth defended herself. "Plus, I would never tell anyone anything that Percy didn't want them to know."

"Well, you have to tell them or they after to figure it out on their own, or your boyfriend will stay five and will slowly have to age back up to seventeen and by the time that happens you will be twenty-nine. Wouldn't that be fun?"

Annabeth didn't know what to do, she didn't want to invade Percy's privacy, but she also didn't want her boyfriend to have to be a child again, but at the same time he would get the childhood he never got.

"You aren't really thinking about leaving him like this are you?" Jason asked. "Just tell us whatever it is you know!"

Annabeth turned back to Hera, "I have a counter offer."

"I don't usually make deals with demigods, but I'll hear you out, just this once."

"Turn him back and let him pick what he wants to do. If he wants to tell us the full story he will and he gets to stay seventeen. If he doesn't and he wants to stay a kid then he gets to stay a kid."

Hera thought it over for a few minutes, "fine.'

Before Hera could do anything Poseidon entered the room, "wait!"

"Why?"

"Because, I want you to spend one more day with Young Percy and take him out to see that city. Have a fun day. Give him one day to be the child he should have gotten to be. Please."

Now it was Annabeth turn to think for a minute. "Ok, but I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it for Percy."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet, wait untill after I have your son back to the right age."

With that the Demigods went back to the car.

"What's the game plan?" Leo asked. "Where are we taking Percy?"

"Where do you want to go, Percy?" Annabeth asked.

"Let's go to the Zoo, and the Beach! And the candy place my mom works at!"

"Ok, I don't think your mom is working today, so we will go visit her at her apartment too, ok?" Annabeth really hoped that no one that knew Percy when we was actually little still worked at the candy shop. There would be a lot of questions.

So, they started their drive down to the Zoo. They would spend a little time there, looking at all the animals. Before they would go to the beach to go swimming, finally they would go get some candy and see Sally, before coming back to Hera to get Percy changed back to a seventeen year old again.

A/N

Thanks for reading. Sorry it took so long to update (again). There is only two or three chapters left in this book!

Have a great night,
Alex